iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Interesting Artical on The Amazon

Started by Burlkraft, March 21, 2008, 10:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

Dana

The sad thing is how this will effect the local's who were barely getting by as it was. The enviromentalist's think they're doing something benificial but fail to see the reprocussions  of their actions.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Ianab

Probably a good thing for Jim.

He's got the permits and is working a low impact operation.

The crackdown was on illegal operations.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

jim king

These kind of stories can really get this old man going.  This first came out a few weeks ago and was first published by some do gooder group as if they had something to do with it and to make it worse make it look like it was the right thing to do.

I at the time calculated the amout of wood confiscated and it turned out to be 17 minetes production for Oregon.  That is not to exciting to anyone who understands the reality of the figures except the families that worked all year to cut the wood to pay for school and clothes for their kids. 

We have all these idiot ecology groups in the States and Europe such as the World Wild Life Fund involved in bribing government officials in order to create forestry laws that are at best  very bad joke.  Actually the US Govt gave Peru 10 million USD on behalf of the WWF to make the joke of a law we have.  I hope you all got a thankyou note from the WWF for your donation. 

http://www.panda.org/about_wwf/where_we_work/latin_america_and_caribbean/country/peru/our_work/forests/index.cfm

TFCA Debt-for-Nature Swap
Has provided leadership and support for the TFCA Debt-for-Nature Swap between the Peruvian and US Governments. Under this agreement, the US Government will relieve US$10.6 million of Peruvian debt over the next 12 years, in exchange for the Peruvian Government's direct payment of these funds to Conservation International, The Nature Conservancy, and WWF. Funds will be used to implement effective long-term management in priority protected areas.

I see many comments about North American loggers having problems with soft land and waiting to log at night when the land is frozen.  You can only imagine what happens to the tropical jungle using copies of forestry laws from cold climates suggesting road building every 200 yards.  Here a skidder trail is normally good for one trip and the second trip the skidder is dragging its belly.

We are trying to change the laws to allow people to work legally and in fact in the next few days I will be with the lawyers of the Peruvian Congrass working in the law changes we need to let people work legally.   At this time we have a lot of land being clear cut and burnt for subsistance farming as the people who own the land cannot cut a single tree off their own land for sale "illegal logging" and the slash and burn trees cannot be sold as they are illegal.  I would like to go on for hours but cant do it today.

If you all read Spanish I could load you up and get your ears ringing with the letters I send to the Government athorities here.  We are the only company out of maybe 40 here working legally and that is because we are fortunate to have the cash and good markets to support it.  It is a very unpleasant situation for a lot of people who live in one of the richest parts of the world and live in absolute poverty due to influence from con artists like the World Wildlife Fund influencing politicians so everyone can keep up the sad story to keep raising money to live well.

We are goinig to win the war and get the laws in order and stop subsistance farming and let the people cut 36 trees per year off each of their 90 acres by hand and they will make an income in the top 10% bracket of the country and never be able to keep up with the regrowth on the 90 acres.

olyman

wwf, and a few others like them--should be shown the doorway--forcefully---they are just leeches living off people that know no different--and hope they never find out the truth---

Thank You Sponsors!