iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pig Roast 2005: 150 days and counting! Giddy up!!!!

Started by Paschale, March 09, 2005, 09:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paschale

Can't wait!  But I'm just wondering Jeff, if you could tell us the exact date, since I don't really wanna count all the way through the calendar 150 days.  ::)

I think I'll bring some beer cake.  And maybe some cheesecake too.   8) Who's bringing the grits?   :D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

jjmk98k

Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

Jeff

Furby

:D :D :D :D :D :D
GOOD!

Hey Jeff, ya gonna be up all night again with the piggy?
We'd really like to meet ya this time when ya aren't half asleep afterwards.

DR_Buck

DanG!

Two pig roasts the same day!   We hold a pig roast every other year here at the farm.  (Kinda strange for a beef cattle farm).  Anyway this is pig roast year and it is always the first week in August.

Wonder if our guests will miss us?  ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

stumpy

I've read about the past Pig Roasts, and they sound like fun. Where are they held and who is invited?
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Rockn H

Furby

Everyone is invited and encouraged to come.
The BIG one at the BOSS'S place is in Harrison, MI.
Last year several members drove a pretty long ways to get there, and some caught a flight, but I think they will all agree it was worth every effort. ;)

stumpy

Norm

Stumpy it's in the middle of the mitten, well kind of by the middle finger, well ahhh about 10 hours from Iowa. :D

We drove over but flying was more accurate as Michigan has a 75mph speed limit on the interstates. Patty seems to think the proper way to drive is with the accelerator all the way to the floor, you can still see my finger imprints on the arm rest. :D

redpowerd

thats purdy fast for a little yellow jeep! :D :D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Shotgun

Stumpy - You can't use Harrison and Detroit in the same sentence. It's improper usage.   :D

Norm_F - Michigan's expressway speed limit is actually 70 MPH. That's unless you are near Detroit.  Then it's whatever it has to be to keep from getting run over.   ::)

Norm_R
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

stumpy

Shotgun,

Sorry 'bout that... I've been in Detroit once and understand why you say that.

Paul_H

Stumpy,
you're wise not to argue with a man named Shotgun.

I flew out last year but after getting some cheap quotes on shipping yesterday,I'm in the process of building a crate for me and my family.It'll take 9 days or so to Harrison but look at the money we'll save.  ;)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

moosehunter

HELP!!!

I can only afford 1 trip. Do I go to sawlex or the piggy roast?? ( I hate decisions like this)
My bride may help me decide as sawlex is the weekend of our anniversary. She doesn't seem to care about the shootout!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Furby

Ah, pretty simple choice in my opinion, but others may disagree.
It's nice to meet people face to face that you are talking to here at the forum. Even when ya draw a blank as to who they are when ya meet them. ::) For me anyways, it took a while to remember facts that I read here, things like bandmill or circle, grit eater or real food. ;) Things like that.  ;D

Jeff

As I remember, Furby really had some reservations about coming to the pig roast, had to actually talk him into it and did not know he was coming until he showed up. Furby,  I take it for granted yer just going to show up this year without the prodding? :D

Furby

Actually, Paschale and I met for the first time a couple of days before last years roast. I "think" we may have kinda sorta talked each other into going. ;D
Last year the big deal was the truck, I didn't have another car to use, and really was not sure the truck would make it. It did, and I didn't even have to tow it home. 8)

Planning on this year at this point, but it depends on what work I'm doing. I won't be able to work around that.  :-\

Paschale

Well, that definitely sounds like me.  I was on the fence until the very day--I decided what the heck, took a gamble.  I'm not always a fan of meeting new people like that, even if I've been chatting with them and reading their posts for a long time.  Believe me, it felt a little strange walking up to a crowd of people who I'd never met in person before!  But it didn't take long, and I was just chatting away with people.  I'm really glad I went--met some great people, and since that time, the Forum has become even more important to me now that I can put a face with a name.  It was pretty fun hearing Bibbyman  ;) tell his stories, and listen in to Tom and Charlie reminisce about their childhood.  My mind's running through all the great people I met that weekend--Chisel, Shotgun, Ron Scott, Buzz, Kevin, Mark M, EZ, Hawby, WV Hillbilly, Kirk Allen...tons more...oh and don't forget da Boss! There were some there that I unfortunately didn't get a chance to chat with at all, like Patty and Norm, but I'm looking forward to meeting them and even more folks this year.  If you're on the fence, and wondering if it's worth it, or if it will be comfortable, or any other thing like that, well, take it from me:  you'll be SO GLAD you came!   It takes a little courage for most of us to do those sorts of things, just meeting so many new people for the first time--but really, you've already met them.  8) 8)

Oh, and don't forget the Food!!!!

Well, Furby just posted a reply to this as I was typing this, and sure enough, we did talk each other into going--we told each other, "the worst thing that could happen is we just leave early."  I drove home as the sun was going down!   :D

Shotgun

And Paschale, don't forget to wear dat green & white hat again.  Or rather dat Green & White hat.   :D

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Furby

WARNING!
For those of you that have not already met Bibbyman and Arkansawyer in person, it would do you well to read up a little and maybe even find a pic or two.
I hear there is an impostor amongst us! ;)  :D

Jeff

"Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

I thinks we should spell it that way too! ;)

Paschale

:D :D :D

I think that's how it WAS spelled last year on my name tag. 

:D

neslrite

puh-SKOLLY,
Tammy and I had the opposite experence at the pig roast, it was like walking into a family reunion, almost. ;D Jeff was pretty easy to spot as he had just changed his picture, the red shirt made Tom a give away,  Bibbyman was introducing hisself to everbody, and I had already met Captain.

Tammy and I are planning our vacation around MI this summer, can't wait to go to the UP!

Kevin

rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

Thank You Sponsors!