iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

echo 302

Started by Texas-Jim, December 09, 2015, 06:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas-Jim

I believe that Stihl is the best saw for the money out there. I believe the support given to us by the distributors is amazing.

But, a customer brought in an old echo 302 and asked if i wanted it for parts. I dont as a rule keep parts saws as most of you know they collect very fast into large piles. But hes a good customer so i agreed. Yesterday i was going to dispose of it and got to noticing, it was a very nice saw. I doubt the thing has ever cut more than few limbs even though its quite old. After a bit of cleaning and a carb kit, flushing the tank out it fired up third pull.

I was very pleasantly surprised, that tiny thing cuts like a dream, its every bit the saw a 180 is. Might not have a brake but it defiantly can cut. We are going to start carrying Echo in very near future and now im looking forward to it. If the support is as good as Stihl's is i will be very happy. Assuming the new runs run as well.
What we do in life echoes through eternity.

dougand3

I got 2 Echo CS-302 in a trade for a large lot of saws. They are SOLID. Moslyt all metal - no wimpy plastic here.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

HolmenTree

The CS 302 Echo was introduced over 40 years ago and at that time it made headlines felling a 6 ft diameter redwood.
I posted this before, for those who haven't read it here it is...enjoy.

Making a living with a saw since age 16.

DDW_OR

I have a new echo 310, from Home Depot, and love it. use it for thinning and de-limbing. light, powerful, and reliable.
been looking at the Echo CS-800 with a 36" Bar.
"let the machines do the work"

old 030

I've owned several 302's over the years, great little saws.........here's a couple i sold recently....... ;)

Thank You Sponsors!