iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

i,am backk!!

Started by twobears, May 18, 2019, 10:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twobears

I,AM not sure if anybody other then CHUCK missed me or even remembers me but anyhow i'am BACK.i got hurt logging'sick several times(a 106.8 body tempture sucks big time)'sidetracked and way to busy for awhile.i was spread way to thin and desided to change that..i gave up maple sugaring and just do wood now and I plan on sawing a lot more.i might even end up going big..go big or go home right?? right now i'am trying to set up my little mill to saw as much as it can by using conveyors and a edger..my parents and I have a land deal in the works and if it goes i'll be going big.a huge company in the mining industry wants to build a plant on our land and is making it very worth wild to sell..it does hurt tho because my dad and I have managed that land for over 25 years..we love it... ;-)

Chuck White

Well now.......... Welcome back, Twobears!

Good to hear from you, been wondering where you disappeared to!

You still in the Harrisville area?

We've used up a lot of that sugaring stuff that my brother picked up from you!

Keep in touch, and again, welcome back!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Brad_bb

Good to refocus.  Welcome back.  You can put where you're from in your profile and it will show up below your picture in each post.  It helps to know where in the country people are located.  I see you built a sawmill building.  What mill do you have?  (you can put that in your profile too).
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

twobears

I live in northern ny and I have a hud-son Oscar 18.in the past my dad had a belsaw mill that we ran commerically for years.we sawed 125,000 to 175'000 bdft each season..april till sept.dad still has the belsaw but it's been sitting idle for awhile now.
 i'de like to build a vertical bandmill with a setworks carriage for my next mill.i want the sawhead to move not the carriage.i think I have it figured out now I just need the time to build it.i have a big thick drawing pad and I've been making notes and drawing ideas.

twobears

thanks chuck..yep i'am still in Harrisville..i'am glad that maple stuff is getting used again..i hope it makes a lot of syrup for you and your brother.i enjoyed talking to your brother that day.
my dad is done sugaring on a big scale now the land deal allowed him to retire from it.even if they don't totally buy the land we get enough to hold the deal per year for dad to live nicely from now on.

Hilltop366

Welcome back.

On the vertical sawmill I have see some where the saw and log holding is 10 or 20° off vertical taking advantage of gravity to help hold the log to the back of the carriage, I always thought it was a good idea.

A video, I realize you are talking about moving the saw but I could not find one.

Band Headrig and Carriage - Sawmill Equipment by McDonough Manufacturing - YouTube

twobears

it's 17 degrees...and thanks for the video. sanborn mills have a tilted carriage and bandsaw..theres a mill just up the road from here with one.

Thank You Sponsors!