iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sourcing timber company near Reidsville NC

Started by Cwyscarver, January 22, 2021, 08:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cwyscarver

I would like to have someone cruise my timber in Rockingham county NC.  Can anyone offer suggestions to a quality provider?  There will be some custom work done including select cuttings in specific areas and clear cutting in others.  40 acres or so in total.  Any recommendations?

Thanks

Patrick NC

I don't know if they travel that far, but the company I work for uses Wood Harvest Inc out of Monroe NC. I don't have a contact number for them, but they have a website. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

samandothers

Never dealt with this company.  Just seen the office in passing.  They are about 2 hrs or so from you.

GreenWoods, Inc. | Forestry, Land, Timber & Wildlife Management

Maybe the folk Patrick suggests or these folks would have another contact if they don't work the area.

sealark37

North Carolina has an on-line listing of Registered Foresters.  Do yourself a favor, and contact a forester near your land.  The average timber buyer will rape you before, during, and after the harvest.  A reputable, independent forester will make you money and avoid disappointment.  Check it out.

Jeff

I don't fact check here, but if I did, I'd say that the rebuke in the above statement to be largly biased and unfair to those loggers that flat out do their best for thier families, their clients and our Forests and the forum members here that do fit my description.  I know a couple of foresters I'd not even allow on here if they showed up and I know some loggers that would be better suited stuffing envelopes.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SW Oh Logger

AMEN!! Fairly spoken to all parties concerned. I have bought, cut, sold and hauled timber for over 40 years, have never RAPED  any one and never will! I also know several other loggers who feel and conduct themselves the same way! Often, one or two bad apples can spoil many barrels for many unsuspecting people.
Snellerized 390xp,stock 395

carter boy

Quote from: Cwyscarver on January 22, 2021, 08:56:13 AM
I would like to have someone cruise my timber in Rockingham county NC.  Can anyone offer suggestions to a quality provider?  There will be some custom work done including select cuttings in specific areas and clear cutting in others.  40 acres or so in total.  Any recommendations?

Thanks
Check your pm.  

Thank You Sponsors!