iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Has anybody ever made a bucket list ........

Started by lopet, January 04, 2015, 10:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

gspren

In the spring of the same year that we hit the pig roast and chicken crispin we visited Loggah in NH and that is also worthy of adding to your list, he has some really neat stuff! My wife would like to go back to Loggah's place just to gather river rocks.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

loggah

Theres still plenty of rocks left !!!!! ;D Come get some more!!!!
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

gspren

Quote from: loggah on January 09, 2015, 05:54:00 PM
Theres still plenty of rocks left !!!!! ;D Come get some more!!!!

Right now we got single digit temps in PA so I doubt it's much warmer in NH, maybe July or August that river would look inviting!
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

thenorthman

Throw a live grenade (not likely or legal)

Jump out of a perfectly good airplane (need to lose some weight)

visit both poles, preferably on 2 wheels (taking donations now)

Own more then 5 acres and only work for myself and mine (werkin on this one) (also taking donations now)
well that didn't work

lopet

Quote from: thenorthman on January 10, 2015, 03:13:46 PM
visit both poles, preferably on 2 wheels

Good luck with that one  :) Let me know when your planning to leave. I will make a donation. ;)
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Pa Pa Jack

When I was about 13 or 14 years old, I had a teacher that gave us an assignment. We were to list 5 people we would like to meet and talk to. My list was, 1, Fred Bear, he was and still is one of my heroes, 2. Vernon Law, he was a pitcher for the Pgh Pirates at the time, 3. John Wayne, 4. Chuck Yeager and 5. Johnny Weismiller of Tarzan fame.

I began writing to them and explained my list. Within three years I had the opportunity to meet and talk, briefly to every one of them.

I maintained a pen-pal relationship with Fred Bear until his death.

Writing down goals or dreams has a way of focusing us on them. When my Mother passed away aobut 12 years ago, I had to go through some of her personal papers and found my original list. I still have it. I am now 66 and bucket lists take on a whole new meaning the older we get.

lopet

Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

I remembered one more thing, there's a guy with a junk yard about 25 miles from me that pretty well buys up about any old farm iron on every sale around here, yet I still have to go to his place for parts to fix up my old junk.  I vowed once, my life won't be complete until I have something he really, really wants.  I've been to sales and never bid against him once then turned around and asked "how much for just that part?" it's usually at least 3/4 of what he paid for the whole machine  :(. 

Thank You Sponsors!