iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

timberjack brake

Started by EricR, July 07, 2012, 05:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

Sorry, I got my truck parts mixed up.  I dont think 8.8s used a cable to the caliper, i think it was a shoe in hat type park drum on those.  Its been a while.  

Maybe it was S10 or monte that had it, but for sure 88-90 eldorado.  Here is a cheap refurb.  Theyre normally like $100-200 each. Spray a bunch of WD40 into the hydraulic line port and cap it so the piston doesnt sieze in the bore from condensate and rust. 

1988-1990 Cadillac Eldorado Brake Caliper - Brake - AC Delco, Rear 88-90 Eldorado Brake Caliper - 2835-01233431 - PartsGeek

AA-mfg.com should stock cheap weld on mounts for that caliper.. Like $10 or so. Itll use slide bolts IIRC.
Praise The Lord

Mountain_d

Thanks again Mike.  I looked up that caliper.  I never ran into one that had the e-brake cable.  Thanks for breaking the trail on this and saving us all a bunch of time!  
Mountain.
1978 TJ 230E 3.9L Cummins 4B, Husky 372XP, Husky 61, Husky 266XP, JRed 625, Husky 265RX clearing saw,  Woodmizer LT40HD 1995, Kubota 4950DT (53hp 4WD), Wallenstein V90 Skidding Winch, John Deere 610 backhoe, 1995 Volvo White GMC WCA42T SA Dump Truck, 2004 Ford F-250SD 4WD, , Central Boiler OW

mike_belben

Any time bub.  Let us know how it works out for you.  

Praise The Lord

Jardine

Quote from: bushmechanic on July 08, 2012, 08:44:17 PM
I'm currently converting my 201B to a disc brake system.I am using a rotor and caliper off of a dodge dakota 4x4.I was taking pics as I go so I can put it on here when I'm finished but I had to stop my progress because I had to rebuild a 353 and just as that one went out the door another buddie lost his skidder engine so now it's another 353 to do.Is your transfer case a Rockwell or a New Process?
Hey do ya got you picture to upload like to do my 200 over like you are doing and a few pics would be a great help 

bushmechanic

Here's a few pic's of my 201B

Brian w

I have a 240A and I did a caliper and rotor conversion on it. Remember if you already have a master cylinder and brake lines half of the setup is already there. I used rotor and calipers for a Chevy S10 and brackets made for race cars. But since you have to do some welding work and machine work anyhow you can use almost any calipers and rotor. Just remember to add a line lock or you won't be able to set a brake while you get off the skidder .

Dieseldog5.9

Glad to see this post resurrected, I am tuning up the old 230 and working towards this brake conversion any pictures appreciated. Spotted the Dual caliper 1 rotor more stoping power. Thought I would put rotor on front shaft and one on rear, in case of driveshaft failure. Also ebrake cable was mentioned earlier as an alternative to line lock.

finally got the conversion done on my 230. used rotor and caliper for 1995 volkswagon jetta. and machined a spacer to move disc out for caliper clearance. turned out well. also installed new master cylinder and leverlock brake lock valve  >

barbender

Great looking fab work!👍👍
Too many irons in the fire

just gotta put in new rear driveshaft, drop winch back on aaaaannnnnddd........park it.

as of this coming friday most softwood sawlog markets in nova scotia, are history.

Thank You Sponsors!