iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New baby for me.

Started by Satamax, June 06, 2020, 04:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satamax

Hi everybody. 

Some might remember me. I sold the iveco 4x4. 

And bought this. 

An ex snow plow. Originally registered as a truck. It now bears an agricultural tractor licence. And no specified body type. 13 tons, 7.5 ton payload. 3 tons  trailer possible. Homologated on some other papers for 25 tons total. 
Since the papers allow me to do nearly anything i want with it.

I ended grafting the iveco's tipper on it. Repairing it, along the line. 

And now, it looks like this.  I have a bit more electricory to do. Paint the tipper. And some other bits and bobs. 

French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Walnut Beast

Nice. Looks like a big Unimog. What's I got for a motor and what's top speed

Satamax

Engine is a 5.8, six inline perkins turbo. 145 din HP. 

And top speed? 65km/h, that's about 40 mph. Since we're limited to 80 km/h now  (50mph) I don't really see the point of driving a fast truck. Furthermore, if i can do one round trip with more load, instead of three faster ones! 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

47sawdust

If that's the baby,wonder what mama looks like.
You do like your equipment super-sized.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Satamax

Quote from: 47sawdust on June 06, 2020, 05:46:14 AM
If that's the baby,wonder what mama looks like.
You do like your equipment super-sized.
Not too much. That's the max size i would use here, for myself.  With the kind of work i do. I need to get into little village streets etc. But a nice thing, it does four wheel steer, and crab. 

samandothers

Good to hear from you again!  Nice looking piece of equipment.  I like the modification of adding the dump bed.  That should be a very handy tool.   By the way beautiful setting to work in.

Crusarius

I wish I had access to kool stuff like that here. Used to know a guy that imported unimogs. I think he got out of that after finding there wasn't a market for a $10k toy that couldn't break 60 mph.

mike_belben

Thats awesome max, neat rig.

What made you sell the iveco?

Does the new truck use a bosch inline injector pump?  And is your house entirely strawbale?
Praise The Lord

thecfarm

No comparison. I had a 76 HD ¾ ton Ford pickup which had a top speed of about 55mph. Even at that speed it sounded like it was just about to throw a bearing or something. Never saw much above 50.
Forgot to mention, that thing got 8 miles to the gallon, did not matter if there was almost a cord of wood in the back or empty.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Satamax

Quote from: mike_belben on June 06, 2020, 09:07:06 AM
Thats awesome max, neat rig.

What made you sell the iveco?

Does the new truck use a bosch inline injector pump?  And is your house entirely strawbale?
Hi Mike. 
The iveco was on it's last leg. Chassis pierced all the way through. In several places. A friend of mine bought it for parts. 
I had a good day offroading  today, with the new rig. Pulling sawmill trees. Only two thought. It's real nice! Slow slow slow, when in low gears. The lockers didn't function, so I had to go the long way around. 
The strawbales is just insulation outside the hollow bricks. 

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

teakwood

great pics, dang do i miss the alps!
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

samandothers

Beautiful setting to work/live in.

frazman

Very nice looking truck. Looks like a beast.

Riwaka

Satamax

Quote from: Riwaka on June 07, 2020, 04:37:14 PM
Camion Brimont. Looks like they no longer are operating.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brimont_(entreprise)
Trucks have gone into Renault, then RVI. And agricultural trailers, to Arden vérins.   https://www.arden-verins.fr/brimont

Pine Ridge

Good looking truck ! Very useful for many jobs.
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

Satamax

peakbagger

It sure does look like a Unimog SBU. Does it have Portal Axles?

Satamax

Quote from: peakbagger on December 10, 2020, 07:24:30 PM
It sure does look like a Unimog SBU. Does it have Portal Axles?
Berliet portals, with 4 wheel steer and crab. And it's quite big compared to a 404 or 406 unimog. I would say around the size of a U1700 may be. 
Big prob i have, is i need to redo all the electricity! :( It's a mess. Fidled with, by a farmer who had no clue! 

Satamax

Kemper

Quote from: Satamax on June 06, 2020, 04:58:11 AM
Hi everybody.

Some might remember me. I sold the iveco 4x4.

And bought this.  

An ex snow plow. Originally registered as a truck. It now bears an agricultural tractor licence. And no specified body type. 13 tons, 7.5 ton payload. 3 tons  trailer possible. Homologated on some other papers for 25 tons total.
Since the papers allow me to do nearly anything i want with it.

I ended grafting the iveco's tipper on it. Repairing it, along the line.

And now, it looks like this.  I have a bit more electricory to do. Paint the tipper. And some other bits and bobs.

I love this, I've been looking for an articulating dump to do the same thing. Great job.

Satamax

Today's load, easy peasy. All taken down from the mountain by a friend's company.  All we had to do is chop and load.  ;D

mike_belben

Easy is good.  I got a nice free score yesterday too.  Messaged an old FBMP add from a tree service that looks for chip dump sites.  Said im in xyz area and take abc.  Called me up next morning saying we got a load of wood to dump, were right up by you all the time on richie hill.  All oak. Free is for me.

Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!