iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

YouTube Revenue

Started by wesdor, December 27, 2020, 09:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

My channel is for sharing with family and friends and is not monetized.  One video of Corgis in the pool from 11 years ago had 315 thousand views.  Most of my videos have less than 50 views.  Our Grandson watches the channel the most.  It's great for that.  When nothing is on TV which is pretty often, I can find something to stream on youtube. :)   

woodworker9

Quote from: Mooseherder on December 31, 2020, 09:23:35 AM
My channel is for sharing with family and friends and is not monetized.  One video of Corgis in the pool from 11 years ago had 315 thousand views.  Most of my videos have less than 50 views.  Our Grandson watches the channel the most.  It's great for that.  When nothing is on TV which is pretty often, I can find something to stream on youtube. :)  
Agreed.  I started my channel to make a record of some of my work, so the grand kids could look back, one day in the future, and know a little bit about me after I'm gone.  Hopefully, I'll get to share those experiences with them first hand, but in this world today, you just never know.  I ended up making a few bucks along the way, and still get a little chainsaw money from YouTube.  2 best things I've gotten from YouTube are some of the great people I've met, who I now consider very good friends,  and also a video on my channel, directly related to my main business, drives a LOT of customers to us every year.  We track every single source when a customer calls our office or contacts us via the website.  In 2020 alone, I got 37 paying customers who listed my YouTube video as their way of finding out about our business.  That alone pays for the expensive camera, editing software, mic, and upgraded computer for video editing, many times over.  The rest is gravy.
03' LT40HD25 Kohler hydraulic w/ accuset
MS 441, MS 290, New Holland L185

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Mooseherder on December 31, 2020, 09:23:35 AM
When nothing is on TV which is pretty often, I can find something to stream on youtube. :)  
Most of my TV time is definitely Youtube and that is not a big part of the day. I have regular work and winter hobbies guys. Come on. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Walnut Beast

Funny thing is this cute farm gal popped up on Facebook and we watched one of her videos. Then I  said to my wife where do you think she's from. She said Montana and I said Iowa. Didn't even know but she was from our home state 😂.  She started her farming YouTube channel in 2020 and makes the top 10 in ad revenue at 465k. The top ad earner is over 2m 😂. No wonder everyone is trying to do a YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/@LauraFarms

10 highest earning farming YouTube channels

https://youtu.be/-1CnipA-eYE

SwampDonkey

I've seen her channel once in awhile, the algorithm pushes some channels more. Helps to be pretty, but she's also smart. I wish they would stop throwing adds for bras in my face. They need to find a different female modelling agency, lordy.  Youtube is very poor at sending ads of relevance in my direction. No clearing saws, chainsaws or wood working stuff that a real man wants to buy. No SxS adds? What gives? :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Brad_bb

I watch/follow Better Bachelor.   A guy channel.  Youtube censors a lot, they will censor ideas and discussion they don't like and they are politically motivated.  They will de-monetize vids without giving reasons, seemingly change the rules without notice or publication,  and give bad treatment to content creators that are following the rules that are published.  Better Bachelor has been transitioning by posting his content on rumble, but primarily putting his content on Locals.com as his primary location.  Free speech there.  There you get paid by subscriptions, and tips.  He does Saturday night live movie nights in addition  to his normal vids, gets good tips on movie nights.  His income from locals has now surpassed Youtube so he can now tell youtube where to go when they mess with him. Youtube puts it's views/censorship above free speech or making money.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

SwampDonkey

Yeah, youtube is losing content like a sinking battleship, laid off thousands of people.  After awhile people see it for what it's actually worth and all the trouble not worth dealing with and pull away. Youtube is perfectly fine letting channels full of copyright material to exist, current unpopular movies or 40's and 50's big screen movies of the day, to documentaries ripped off network TV, and 70's sitcoms throughout. Seems to me there have been websites taken down for such, but Youtube gets a pass. Shows how corrupt it is if you're not part of the team. ::) For someone like me, my content is benign and pretty much not mainstream. If they took my channel down I wouldn't miss it nor would I be out anything. I wouldn't even bother to ask why.

Mooseherder

Rumble should continue increasing market share with the latest assault from the youknowwhos.

Rumble Reports Record Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2022 Results | Rumble

JonathanPace

Almost every influencer 'claims' to make a certain amount; you may find that they have 100 other platforms that all tie up to generate leads. Many people believe it's easy to make money online, but it's hard work, managing multiple platforms and creating unique content for each one 3 to 4 times a day on average. If that sounds like something you can commit to, go for it! That's a pass for me. I still want time to go for a fish.

K-Guy

I had never considered making YT videos before Covid but when it started my boss at the time wanted me to do it. I enjoy doing them and have no illusions of Hollywood or a bevy of beauty's calling on me(none have). I get pleasure from helping you guys when you buy them get the most from them.
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Thank You Sponsors!