iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Firewood vs propane , fuel

Started by Gearbox, October 14, 2021, 09:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearbox

Guys crank em up . phone is ringing many times a day . Just today orders for 3 dump trailers full . This old guy is liking this . 
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Southside

Article today says winter hearing bills are expected to be up 50% this winter.  Definitely feel for those who can't burn wood. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

SwampDonkey

I still see folks, young able bodies ones, taking delivery of stove oil for heating. But not only that, grains still have to be dried, so farmers rely on it, or at least a middle man in the process does. :-\  I can tell ya a lot of these 'new age' farmers cut grain in the dew of the night. Never see them in daylight, not helping the process.

My father found propane drying at a local facility was too high 30 years ago. Dried his own by making sure it was cut the right time (fully ripe, no dew) and forcing the air through it in storage. I can't remember when propane was ever cheap up here. I remember the hunting sportsmen from the USA always crossed over to Maine for propane or gas for as long as I can remember. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!