iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Propane prices ?

Started by 21incher, October 26, 2021, 03:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

We only use about  180 gallons of propane a year for hot water and cooking.  We have a 100 gallon tank and call for a delivery when it's about at 10% left which is twice a year. My wife  called for a delivery yesterday and was told it's  at $4.89 a gallon now and that could  go up soon. Wondering what everyone  else is paying this year. It's quite  a jump over the price we paid 6 months ago. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Southside

Beter get it while you can.  Several weeks ago it was announced that there will be propane shortages this winter.  For your own safety of course.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Jeff

Just ordered in the u.p. for the cabin 2.07 a gallon. Back at home it is 1.89.  We have line 5 that is in hot debate and if that goes down, big trouble in river city up here
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

HemlockKing

Was at Canadian(offshore) tire today and motor oil made a 50%+ price jump! 70$ before tax for a jug of 5L Oil!! So long gone just sit back and watch this insanity unfold. I don’t know how much longer this is sustainable. 

It’s everything. Except wages 
A1

sawguy21

And my governent pension. ::) I paid $32cdn for 25L of oil a short time ago, sure glad I didn't wait. The landlady made noises that I might want to look for something more affordable after giving me notice of a rent increase which is limited by law. She wants to let it out at market value which has shot up since I moved here, I can't blame her but rentals are scarce.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

HemlockKing

Quote from: sawguy21 on October 26, 2021, 03:48:45 PM
And my governent pension. ::) I paid $32cdn for 25L of oil a short time ago, sure glad I didn't wait. The landlady made noises that I might want to look for something more affordable after giving me notice of a rent increase which is limited by law. She wants to let it out at market value which has shot up since I moved here, I can't blame her but rentals are scarce.
It's okay sawguy! Everything is totally fine! Let's print a bunch of money, keep playing identity politics, and bringing in nearly 1m immigrants in a year with a country with a housing supply shortage as it is.  The house is on fire but everyone is sitting at the kitchen table eating dinner like nothing 
A1

snobdds

The best medicine for high prices, is high prices.   It's the wait for the crash that hurts. 

An economic truism...

Stephen1

I am locked into a 3 cent per liter price increase from last year.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Nebraska

1.90 a gallon for household.
10 cent discount for Ag... (mostly grain dryers).
I got my tank full just in time to beat the rise. 

Nebraska

So where did all this oil go? 

snobdds

It's economics 101, supply and demand. 

If you shut down supply and demand comes back, which it has, you're going to see higher prices.  

21incher

Wow looks like we are over double everyone else's price. Must be some price gouging  going on because we called another dealer and the price is the same.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Southside

Last time I looked it was $3.29 here, that was a few weeks ago. How much of that is tax there in NY? 
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

sprucebunny

Last summer it was $4.07 here. I talked them down to $3.54 because I have 3 accounts ( kind of >> one house I sold, another uses 50 gallons a year and the other currently has no gas appliances) LOL
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

21incher

Quote from: Southside on October 26, 2021, 07:24:17 PM
Last time I looked it was $3.29 here, that was a few weeks ago. How much of that is tax there in NY?
Looks like it is 43 cents a gallon plus 8% sales tax. Not sure if the raise to 92 cents a gallon they are pushing for has passed yet.

Southside

That's absolutely insane.
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

newoodguy78

Quote from: 21incher on October 26, 2021, 07:48:47 PM
Looks like it is 43 cents a gallon plus 8% sales tax. Not sure if the raise to 92 cents a gallon they are pushing for has passed yet.
Are you in NY state?

21incher

Quote from: newoodguy78 on October 26, 2021, 08:15:00 PM
Quote from: 21incher on October 26, 2021, 07:48:47 PM
Are you in NY state?
Yes out by Rochester.  

Ljohnsaw

My go-to bulk supplier give a discount for cash and for over 20 gallons.  They only charge for what the meter reads as opposed to charging 5 gallons to fill a BBQ tank that only holds 4.25 gallons (85% fill).  So there price cash on 20+ gallons today was $3.19/g.  My daughter works at a feed store and employees (and families) get propane at cost + 10%.  So I filled 9 tanks at $2.40/g.  Their price on exchange is a couple bucks higher than Walmart but I just did the two out dated (1990) tanks/valves I had because I was there.  $20.24 each.  Pretty much a rip off since they only have 3.5 gallons of propane in them (per the tag) - $5.78/gallon!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

newoodguy78

@21incher  I feel your pain lived in that state for15 years that was enough for me. Incredibly diverse and beautiful landscape but the cost of living there was and sounds like still is brutal.

Southside

We looked at some farmland in the Little Falls area, looked really seriously at it several times.  Absolutely beautiful country with great grass growing land.  The taxes, OMG the taxes.  There was no way I could see me being able to afford things with that tax burden.  Must be a lot of last generation farmers selling to developers over that way.  
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

blackfoot griz

$1.60 last fill here. We put in a 1000 gallon underground tank that will take of a full year of heating and  cooking.

That said, it didn't help when I clipped the tank this spring. Snapped off the pressure relief valve. The fire dept showed up. We had to move out for two days while 800+ gallons vented out.

We've effectively spent $3.20/gallon this year...

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D Propane!! That ain't even worth looking at for noth'n. I'll make wood gas first. :D :D  $5.20 in these parts. :D :D You need deep wallets if you rely on anything out of the ground up here to keep you warm. Not much left from a $1400 pension cheque (based on 1982 wages and cost of living). What? I gotta pay rent to?? ::) I guess I'll have to go to the food bank if I want to eat.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Patrick NC

Quote from: Southside on October 26, 2021, 09:37:43 PM
We looked at some farmland in the Little Falls area, looked really seriously at it several times.  Absolutely beautiful country with great grass growing land.  The taxes, OMG the taxes.  There was no way I could see me being able to afford things with that tax burden.  Must be a lot of last generation farmers selling to developers over that way.  
My youngest brother has 2 acres and a house in Spencer ( between Buffalo and Niagara falls) and he pays almost 15000 a year between land and school tax. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

Sedgehammer

bought in the summer. seen it was going to get ugly. buck 80 here
Necessity is the engine of drive

Thank You Sponsors!