iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Had a little scare....

Started by wisconsitom, October 28, 2021, 08:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsitom

Right around supper time last evening, wife is looking at her phone and says "Plane crash near Kelly Lake in Oconto County".  Say what?  That's where our property is.  As more info came in, it got worse and worse;  Turns out, plane crashed in township of Maple Valley.  That's us!  On further reporting crash occurred between county roads G and K.  Alright, about one-half mile from where our shack is.  Yatso road had to be closed off.  That road begins right where we are, and then goes east.

Of course, the pilot had much the worst of it, having apparently suffered some debilitating condition before the plane went down.  He has died.  Civil Air Patrol and others had been trying to make contact with this rapidly descending plane, but never got through.  Swampy land over there, haven't yet been up to look-see.

As far as initial concern, I just didn't want my new building smashed already!  Or a pile of debris, or a fire in the conifers.
Ask me about hybrid larch!

sawguy21

That is too close for comfort. I worked in the helicopter industry, lost too many friends and acquaintances. :(
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

Seen something scary in the sky in late summer. Like an aircraft or satellite, rocket, something exploded by Mars Hill. Stuff went in several directions on fire. Never heard a peep on the news. Looked just like them images of an exploding rocket or space shuttle. No launch sites way up here in the wilderness.

And yes, there have been plane crashes here in the past, the air force out of Limestone, Maine and one spray plane. Recently a water bomber. All day time events.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

wisconsitom

They must've seen this guy's plane not looking right for a while.  Fighter jets followed but lost site as small plane got too low to ground.

May have had a heart attack or some such in flight.  Guy may have been dead or unconscious prior to hitting the ground.
Ask me about hybrid larch!

Thank You Sponsors!