iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl Bar Question

Started by revrnd, April 22, 2022, 05:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revrnd

I have a Stihl 026 with a #3003 003 7113 bar on it & a spare #3003 000 6613 bar. Botha are 16" long, 67 'tooth', .325 pitch and .050 gauge. The look very similar & I have been told (@ a Stihl shop) that they both fit the 026. I'm just curious as to what the difference (if any) is between the 2 bars.

TIA

DHansen

Does the 3003 003 7113 say made in Canada?    Number of teeth on the nose sprocket?  Greaseable nose sprocket? 

DHansen

Measure the gauge of each bar?   Replaceable nose sprocket?  I miss read the last part number.  I am thinking .325 vs 3/8 pitch

revrnd

Quote from: DHansen on April 22, 2022, 08:02:15 PM
Measure the gauge of each bar?   Replaceable nose sprocket?  I miss read the last part number.  I am thinking .325 vs 3/8 pitch
Both are .325 pitch. 

revrnd

Quote from: DHansen on April 22, 2022, 07:56:04 PM
Does the 3003 003 7113 say made in Canada?    Number of teeth on the nose sprocket?  Greaseable nose sprocket?
I just checked and the 6613 does not have a greaseable nose sprocket. I also see it is has the eMatic oiling system (will have to check the 7113 for this feature). Does the eMatic system negate the need for the greasable nose sprocket?
The 7113 is stamped Made in USA.

DHansen

Seems the newer bars are going away from the grease hole for the nose sprocket.  You can hear and get both sides of the argument about the grease hole.  I like to be able to grease the sprocket every time I refuel.  But Some will say the non grease version will last just as long.  Some say when greasing, you push dirt into the bearing surface area.  I think if maintaining properly it's a better idea to keep it lubricated.  I do not know for sure which way is better.  As far as gauge, I have a plastic Oregon feeler gauge to verify the bars gauge. 

moodnacreek

Different sawing conditions present different problems. Hot, cold, dust, dry, ice, snow, heavy resin and who knows what else. Some may need to grease their bar but most don't.

Thank You Sponsors!