iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

battery backup for a Rinnai space heater(installation complete and successful)

Started by 47sawdust, January 10, 2023, 07:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47sawdust

Thanks Joe.I think I will stick with my original plan.I don't mind modifying equipment for my own use,but can't do it for a paying customer.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Ljohnsaw

Joe,
I like your idea!  I see free UPS' on CL every now and then that have a dead battery.  I think I may pick up a couple to use as inverters for my cabin (off grid) to charge my laptop!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

scsmith42

I have done what Joe suggests above.  The computer that I am typing this on is connected to an old UPS that I've wired external batteries to for longevity.

For the OP, UPS units are available with connectors for external battery packs.  They are commonly used in the computer world for extending longevity during an outage.  Many of them are rack mounted and you can add multiple battery packs.

I have one that backs up the computer network for my wife's veterinary practice.  The nice thing about this setup is that your client will have factory warranty, etc.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

mudfarmer

Those sealed UPS batteries are also good replacements for solar electric fence chargers, FYI ;D Doubled up two of them when the OEM fence charger battery died and now have twice the storage crammed in there.

47sawdust

I finished the solar battery backup today and the initial results are very promising.
The Xantrex transfer switch works instantaneously.
The panel,monitor,battery,inverter and all cables and hardware came from Windy Nation Solar and Wind.
They were very easy to deal with,designed the system and everything arrived promptly with no damage.
The transfer switch and lighted cord ends were sourced elsewhere

100watt panel

Rinnai running off house current.Both cord ends lit.

Rinnai running off battery right hand cord end only lit.

Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Thank You Sponsors!