iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rust Reaper takes on NZ Sulphur Rust

Started by HSV, November 05, 2006, 03:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSV

During the Sunbelt Expo in GA, Peterson Portable Sawmills shared a site with Rust Reaper.  A great time was had by all, and I personally have a big THANK YOU to post.

On my days off from Petersons, I help out on any one of my partner's family's farms.  We run a lot of heavy machinery, tractors, excavators, bulldozers, motor scrapers and various implements amongst many other things...  Hearing what RR could do during the show, I just had to purchase some, I learned just the other day, that was a very wise decision.
This weekend we had a job to do around 2hrs from where I live.  The Cat Challenger was parked up in a dusty paddock with discs hooked on.  A bearing needed to be replaced in the discs and the lads had spent an hour or more the day before trying to break the seal in the 30mm nuts. 

They had given up the day before, so on Saturday, we headed out with the gas torch and bottles and I took my little clip-on bottle of Rust Reaper. 

They gassed the first nut to no avail, even the severe heat wouldn't crack the seal in that bad boy, so I whipped out the RR.  We applied it between the nut and bolt and left it for a couple of minutes to work it's way between the two.  Using a spanner and very little effort, we then turned the nut a couple of times, and hand unscrewed from there.  Easy.  Eight nuts to go, and each one loosened with ease after RR had been applied.

So thank you to Rust Reaper, Mike, you are a very clever man, I can see this being a very valuable tool for us, I've passed a few handy bottles around the engineers and maintenance guys.

Thanks to the Forestry Forum and Captain as well for bringing us together.  This is a great place to make some handy contacts and good mates.  8)

PS: please excuse the quality of the pics, I had to use a phone camera  :-\

Corley5

It's good stuff 8) 8) 8) 8)  I used some today on a Farmall 300's voltage regulator.  It would charge sometimes if the cover was tapped on.  We took the cover off and cleaned up the contacts but they were still sticking.  Apllied a little RR to the springs and pivots and it charges like it's supposed to now.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Mike_P.

HSV:

I was just thinking about you and wondering how the Rust Reaper was working on your farm.  Glad to hear it works well on your side of the world also.

Greg:  Rust Reaper is a good lubricant, with a little bit being effective, as well as a penetrant. 

Thanks to both of you.

Mike

beenthere

When I finish giving myself a haircut, I put one drop of RR on the clipper blades and the clipper picks right up in rpm.  :)  It likes it too.
Going to try it as a cutting oil on a bunch of 1/2" steel plate that I need to drill holes in today.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

haircut.  Is that singular or plural? ;D ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

I'll use the search function and let you know      :D ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

HSV

Hi Mike,
Yep, we are very happy with RR  ;D  Robert's using it on some tight old rotary hoe bolts today.

Great usage of RR with the clippers and the battery.  :)  I'll be passing those ideas on...

Thank You Sponsors!