iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wood from TexasTimbers

Started by getoverit, March 27, 2008, 12:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

Beetle. Use the word beetle. It is A) more accurate and B) Less "icky" to women.  :D

"No mam, it's an Ambrosia Beetle. An absolutley beautiful creature itself, and they never get harmed. We don't do worms except when we fish."  ;D
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D

Reminds me of the time I had aerial photos of Mars Hill at a trade fair, which is just a stones throw from my land in New Brunswick. Some lady from down in Connecticut was visiting relatives I guess and she demanded to know what I was doing with photos of land over Maine. I guess she thought I was running some aerial spy ring or something and had nothing to do with stereoscopes and aerial photography used in forestry.  :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

getoverit

This isnt wood from Texas Timbers, but is another dreadnaught guitar that I took to the Miami guitar festival. Here is a video of a guy test driving the guitar. I think his comments about the guitar says it all :)

I am a blessed man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1--ws29dbuk
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Burlkraft

That is awesome Ken.... 8)  8)  8)

Good on ya, Man  ;D  ;D  ;D

I wonder who made the carpet selection there  ???  ???  :D  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

TexasTimbers

That guitar sounds great even through my chinsy laptop speakers! Would love to hear it in the hands of a Dickey Betts or Steve Howe.

Woud like to hear that red one in the hands of . . . .anyone! ;D
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Part_Timer

I was at Ken's last year and heard him play some of the instruments he has made.  They sound awsome.  The craftsmanship is first class all the way. Congrats Ken.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

getoverit

Quote from: Burlkraft on April 22, 2008, 04:18:56 PM
That is awesome Ken.... 8)  8)  8)

Good on ya, Man  ;D  ;D  ;D

I wonder who made the carpet selection there  ???  ???  :D  :D  :D

It is Miami, Anytown, South America. They have strange tastes in the lower part of this state. I have been all over South America, Central America and the Carribbean. This was the first time I had been to Miami in decades, outside of just passing through the airport. Miami has got to where every part of it looks just like any big city you would find in South America.

They have one of the biggest scams alive going with the parking situation. It's a no-win situation unless you happen to work for the parking police.....long story behind that statement :)

Of course I sell my guitars. I feel like I have been given a gift to do so and have been blessed with customers who appreciate their value. Still, to see the reaction of some ordinary guy like this one who has just been handed his first handcrafted guitar makes all of my efforts seem worth while. It was the same feeling I got when I was sawing and would see the customer's eyes light up when they saw the first board come off of the logs that grew on their own property.

Never loose sight of why you went into the business you are in. If it is strictly about the money, you will never be happy no matter what you are doing in life.

OneWithWood

Quote from: getoverit on April 22, 2008, 09:55:45 PM
Never loose sight of why you went into the business you are in. If it is strictly about the money, you will never be happy no matter what you are doing in life.

and those, my friends, are some of the most true words ever written!

Good philosophy and excellent work, GOI.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

DanG

Here's some more true words for ya.  Those guitars are absolutely beautiful!  I can say that because I had the privilege of stopping by GOI's place last week for a brief visit, and he showed them to me.  I don't know anything about guitars, but I know quality when I see it and those instruments are first rate.

Good going, Ken!  I think you've found your calling.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

pasbuild

You sure have set the bar high for us aspiring woodworkers Ken, absolutely beautiful work   (bowing smiley paying homage)
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Sparty

I'm working on restoring a family heirloom, a copy of a strad violin made in the late 1800s.  Man do I wish I had the skill and experiance that you have.  Great looking guitar! I can't wait to start my first guitar, I'm just scared of what it would sound like  :D

getoverit

I dont talk about my first one .... and I try to hide it when people come over too. I even have a few that somehow didnt get burned in the fireplace that should be. I keep them around to help remind me of where I came from and to keep me humble.

you never will know what it sounds like if you dont build the first one. Be warned though, this craft is HIGHLY addictive!

red

More Guitar information from Ken Hodges member getoverit 
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: getoverit on April 16, 2008, 10:24:26 PM
I just got back from the Newport-Miami guitar festival, and I took this guitar with me. It was a real show stopper and everyone that stopped had to ask what kind of wood it was :)

Here is a picture of Kinloch Nelson, the guy who does all of the guitar recording for PBS (shows like the new yankee work shop) and a lot of the television and radio recordings test driving the guitar. I think everybody was impressed with both the wood, craftsmanship, and the overall design of the guitar.

Just reading through this thread after Red brought it up and was surprised to come across this post. I've known Kinloch for about a decade and work with him at the Woodstock Invitational. During the day he does workshops and other stuff, and at the end of the weekend he organizes the music the music and players for the after party and I work as his roadie setting it up. A super musician with incredible chops.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Thank You Sponsors!