The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Woodland Mills HM126  (Read 32261 times)

Offline schakey

• Full Member x2
  • Have land in West Virgina and dying to live there.
    • Share Post
Re: Woodland Mills HM126
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2013, 04:00:44 AM »
Fuzzybear,if I remember right there is a post on setting the blade tension without a gauge and thank you for taking the time for the review.
Woodsman76,good luck with your new mill and can't wait to see your pictures and video. I really enjoy watching different mills operating
and different yard setups.
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

Offline Happycamper

• In Memoriam
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2013, 10:23:12 AM »
Tomorrow is the day you are waiting for. I too will be interested in hearing ,seeing about your new mill. I did come very close to buying one also. I feel you are dealing with a nice pair of fellows at Woodland and wished they were in the west also.
                                          Jim

Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

Offline bandit11208

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2013, 04:41:14 PM »
Woodsman,
        I purchased a HM126 last June and it is a well-built mill. Well worth the $3000.00 price tag. There is a learning curve in its operation so hang with it and it will do everything you need it to. Couple tips right of the bat is to take off the head clamp bolts and blade guide bearings and use blue Loctite on them. Mine came apart after a couple hours of use and had to special order a bearing at $28.00.  :( Only have done a couple mods on it so far, stuck a piece of tubing on the lube line to extend it all the way to the top of the blade and also added a 5 gal. bucket with s hook and backstop on the discharge chute to collect sawdust and added an extra log clamp. Neil at woodland mills is awesome to work with if you have a problem.   Sam

Winter sawing in the great North woods.

Woodland mills Hm126, Sthil MS461, MS261, MS250, MS180, 1949 Ford 8n, Ariens 27 ton splitter.

Offline Woodsman76

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2013, 11:59:47 PM »
Thanks for all the responses everyone and too Bandit11208 I will definately go grab the locktite first thing in the morning, I just checked the tracking and it left Alanta Ga heading to me here in FL so I am guessing that it will be here first thing in the morning and can not wait. Also like the idea with the 5 gallon bucket to collect the sawdust "Cool."
HaroldSiefke I really like the mod with the moveable saw guide, anyway you send or post some more detailed pics on the mod I would really love to do that to mine. Anyway it's midnight and I can not wait until tomorrow I am glad I am selfemployed so when my saw does show i done for the day lol!!! Well I will be sure to give everyone my take on this mill and a honest opinion. By the way the people at Woodlandmills were great to deal with.

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
  • If I don't do it,it don't get done
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2013, 07:19:10 AM »
Woodsman76,welcome to the forum. How did you sleep last night?  :D  Is the wood of the mill going to be used for making furniture? Ever been around a sawmill? Good luck to you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
New Woodland Mills HM126

Started by Napowan on Sawmills and Milling

18 Replies
Last post January 03, 2020, 03:28:54 PM
by btulloh
xx
New Woodland Mills HM126

Started by jbjbuild on Woodland Mills

3 Replies
Last post January 21, 2018, 10:16:01 AM
by HOLTeam