iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A good reason to always close equipment doors.....lesson learned.

Started by Southside, December 30, 2013, 11:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southside

So Saturday evening at the end of a long, annoying day, without realizing it I left the door open on my processor.  My wife and I had plans on Sunday and things turned to mud so I never went back over to the farm where the machine was parked.  Had a bit of a surprise waiting for me when I went to step up into the cab, from the looks of things it was a good thing I opened up the battery knife kill switch before leaving, who knows what their intentions were if they could have gotten it started. See for yourself in the photo, dang free range chickens.   :laugh:  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Alcranb

Now if you can get the goose that lays the golden egg.......  ;D
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

Jeff

Glad to see that instead of what I thought I might see.  The doors on the w-14 case loaders we had were split. You could open the top and latch it open, and leave it there no problem. However, if you left the bottom door open, or the whole door, and turned, because the cab articulated with the front end, you could smash the doors against the back of the machines. Those doors were around $1000 a piece just for the lower half if I remember right. Even if they got slightly tweaked, it created problems and it didn't take much to tweak one.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Part_Timer

Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

g_man

The way you going on I didn't know what to expect. That is a nice surprise gift. It is even a clean one.

treeslayer2003

Quote from: Jeff on December 30, 2013, 12:20:49 PM
Glad to see that instead of what I thought I might see.  The doors on the w-14 case loaders we had were split. You could open the top and latch it open, and leave it there no problem. However, if you left the bottom door open, or the whole door, and turned, because the cab articulated with the front end, you could smash the doors against the back of the machines. Those doors were around $1000 a piece just for the lower half if I remember right. Even if they got slightly tweaked, it created problems and it didn't take much to tweak one.
yep, allis chalmers 940 is the same way. I welded a stop on so the door wouldn't open that far..........after dad bent the door up.

clww

I've never seen a chicken lay an egg in/on the equipment before. :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Corley5

Good thing you looked before you sat down :)  I left the glass out of the cab door on the old harvester and we had a lake effect snow event that night.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Dave Shepard

It's better then what our cows do when they see an opportunity.  :D We used to use a McCormick-Deering W-4 to pull a hay trailer through the barn every night to put hay over the manger. The W-4 has a seat that's about 3 feet off the ground. One night a particularly mischievous cow backed up to the seat and made a deposit. Thought it was a fluke until she did it again the next night. >:( :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Ed_K

I expected a porky and everything all chewed up.An egg is better than a rattler sitting there trying to warm up.
Ed K

Nemologger

One morning while working along the Mississippi River I opened the door on my cat loader and there was a snake skin coming out of the  defroster and down onto the floorboard. I carefully got it out intact and laid it out so I could measure it... 6ft. 7 inches!  I still don't know how that rascal got in there.
Clean and Sober

KyLogger

Yeah.......fat chance of me gettin' in that thing till winter!

Tom
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

Thank You Sponsors!