iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Quite a resource here

Started by Cedar Eater, February 27, 2002, 01:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I used to have to go to Los Angeles on business trips in my corporate days.  The home fair there is something called "goughowtneet" and "taikowit".  

DanG

I know what you mean, Tom. Some folks idee of sumpndeet is kinda strange.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Trc^

You mean folks sometimes got left-over grits ... never seen no such critter .. around here .. no matter how bigga pot of grits .. it all gone real fast ..(served hot with butter just drippin outta it) .. yup i agree .. no cookin better than mammas .. (wish i couild put my feet under her table again .. passed on about 8 years ago) .. now .. who has ever had 'monkey-biscuits' .. those are a real treat ..

Trc^

Tom

What's a monkey biscuit, Trc^? :-/

Jeff

Tammy makes what she calls monkey bread, tastes kinda like a gooey cinnamon roll.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Cedar Eater

Monkey bread is a term used for any bread that you're supposed to eat monkey style (you just tear it up with your hands and stuff it into your pie hole). The messier the better. Mmmmm mmmmm goooood! ;D ;D ;D I've never heard of monkey biscuits, but I know this ole boy from Kentucky who would rather eat biscuits with butter or honey on them than anything else. I went elk hunting with him in CO and he would take a dozen buttered biscuits out with him every day and come back with an empty ziploc.
Cedar Eater

macurtis

::)  Cedar Eater---- I read your post about working in the oil
industry. I worked for Aminoil and Phillips Petroleum for
18 years on the LA. Gulf coast.

Cedar Eater

macurtis -- I worked for Mobil Oil in Torrance, CA and Fairfax, VA until Exxon became ExxonMobil in '00. It seemed like a good time to leave. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I visited the Mobil refineries in Chalmette, LA and Beaumont, TX often enough to find some of the best local restaurants.

Southern CA was fine while I was young, single and didn't need to care where I slept. :o After getting married and buying a house (and getting older), it became more obvious that it wasn't a very interesting place. ::)

VA was nice, but my commute was an hour each way and making a living started to seem more like making a dying. :(

So now I'm where I want to be and I'm doing what I want to do. Fortunately, I'm one of the few people who can be satisfied with that.  :D :D
Cedar Eater

Trc^

ok .. heres how ya make monkey biscuits .. ya take day old biscuits .. (fresh dont work out to well, but will work) .. then you cut them in half .. slabb on some butter .. then put in a hot fryinpan  butter side down .. brown it real good .. then you take and pour in a good helpin of 'STEENS Ribbon cane syrup' .. or can use dark 'KARO' syrup (just not as good) .. then heat the whole thing up till the syrup is boilin pretty good .. place the biscuits on plate .. pour the boiled syrup on .. then stand back so ya dont get ran over ... yup .. good stuff...

Trc^

Bud Man

Maybe a Forestry Forum Cookbook is in order here===I know I'm getting hungry--Maybe Jeff B and Corley 5  on their next Cabin Rendezvous can slip into an apron and........... :D :D
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

L. Wakefield

THAT'S a DanG good idea! That thread won't have no end :D  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

DanG

Funny you should mention that, Trc^. Just this morning, I was having breakfast at a little cafe, with one of my co-workers. We were enjoying the grilled biscuits, along with grit, eggs, and bacon. They split the biscuit, butter it, and grill it, face down, where they've been cooking the bacon. They went down mighty good with some peach jam.

I was telling my buddy how I always enjoyed the "biscuit toast" my mom always made from leftover biscuits. She split, buttered, then broiled them for a few minutes. Sure beats toast from a toaster!!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

The knowledge base already has a place for you to startadding your recipes!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!