iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Picnic table

Started by azmtnman, October 23, 2015, 10:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azmtnman

These are the picnic tables we have been building. We log fire-killed trees, mill them into 4x6 and 2x6's and build these. They're not completely indestructible, but rugged at any rate.

This is 14 people standing on the top (estimated 2000 lbs.!!!) of one.
  The legs and framework are 4x6's notched together. The top and seats are true 2" boards. Most of these are Doug fir.
1983 LT 30, 1990 Kubota L3750DT, 2006 Polaris 500 EFI, '03 Dodge D2500 Cummins powered 4X4 long-bed crew cab, 1961 Ford backhoe, Stihl MS250, MS311 and MS661--I cut trees for my boss who was a Jewish carpenter!

Magicman

Very nice tables.....and shirts.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

rasman57

Now THOSE are real picnic tables.... WELL DONE!

Dodgy Loner

Those look sturdy! Nice work. Do you do anything to treat the legs to prevent decay? Looks like pine.
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

azmtnman

Quote from: Dodgy Loner on October 26, 2015, 02:33:33 PM
Those look sturdy! Nice work. Do you do anything to treat the legs to prevent decay? Looks like pine.
Some pine, some Doug fir. We just use Olympic stain/preservative all-in-one from Lowes. The permanent home for these are in a shelter house with a concrete floor.
1983 LT 30, 1990 Kubota L3750DT, 2006 Polaris 500 EFI, '03 Dodge D2500 Cummins powered 4X4 long-bed crew cab, 1961 Ford backhoe, Stihl MS250, MS311 and MS661--I cut trees for my boss who was a Jewish carpenter!

Dodgy Loner

Ah, good! They'll last plenty long under shelter :)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Thank You Sponsors!