iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Firewood on a Hakki Pilkie 1x37

Started by GRANITEstateMP, April 09, 2017, 10:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

I was hoping for barge bucks but ill take what i can get!
Praise The Lord

GRANITEstateMP

This weekend was just a bit of firewood but plenty of family, friends and fun!

A buddy of mine gave us tickets to a Boston Bruins preseason game Thurs night. GREAT seats! It was my son's first game (he's 11), and he made it to the start of the 3rd before me and the wife figured it was time to head home. We had a great time and I only got turned around in the city ONCE!

Friday I took off from work.  The local fair was going on, we kept the boy home and headed over as a family once the wife was done milking cows. We did plenty of walking, looking, eating, and visiting.  I help out in the tractor pull area every year and headed down to that mid day.  Spent the rest of the night hooking tractors or honing the track, had a blast. A bunch of my buddies helped out too, and it's a real good group that comes and pulls each year.  Saturday was more the same, tractor s in the am, trucks at night.  It was a long day(and night), but again we had FUN.

Sunday, I slept in!  Made pancakes, reloaded the basement firewood racks and did a cord of campwood. 

A great weekend for sure!

I did some math too, 88 cord done up so far this year
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

mike_belben

Does anyone from the mass TPA pull at your event? 
Praise The Lord

newoodguy78

What fair was that one? Always on the lookout for ones with a good agricultural base.

GRANITEstateMP

Mike, I'm not aware of the Massachusetts Toiletpaper Association.  Is that a State agency of the Commonwealth or a local thing? ;D

I think most of the truck puller are from the Conn. Valley.  I see a lot of VT plates, as well as NH, on the tow rigs.  Like I said they are a nice bunch.  The tractor guys are from all over.  Plenty of NH guys, as well as Mass, VT, and a few as far as CT.

Newoodguy78,

It's Deerfield Fair, over here in Rockingham County.  Pretty good AG fair,  AND it's 10-15 minutes from home!

Have you been to Fryeburg Fair just over the boarder in Maine? Great AG fair 15-20 minutes outside of Conway
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

mike_belben

With how scared of covid those urban yankees are they probably have started toilet paper associations and co-ops by now!  :D

MTPA = mass truck pullers association, they tend to run at the fairs in the berkshires, a bunch of trucks got built at the diesel shop i worked at.  A purple 2 wheeler dodge dakota with an alcohol blown hemi would probably be the most memorable. Same guy also runs a yellow 4wd squarebody GM with big with wide paddles, headers up out of the hood and broken pistons dangling all over the front bumper. 
Praise The Lord

newoodguy78

I have been to both of those fairs. Deerfield is one of the best in NH in my opinion. You're lucky to live so close. Fryeburg seems to be in kind of a league of their own, the amount of Oxen and livestock it draws in is phenomenal. 
Both are my kind of fair agricultural base and always clean and tidy.

GRANITEstateMP

Mike,

I'd have remembered the yellow chevy with pistons hanging if I saw it, that would be unique!  I don't think many trucks came from the Commonwealth. Maybe our Live Free or Die state motto scares them? :D. It'd be great if śome came up next year, this group seems pretty good, seen on more than one occasion guys helping out there competition with parts, wrenching, and sometimes that pat on the back with the "I've been there before"

The thing I like about the truck and tractor pullers is they show up to put on or be part of a show and are given free entry into the fair as a result, makes sense to me.  I come from a circle track racing background.  You pay MORE money to get into the pits and compete, and put on a show ???

newoodguy78,

You over by the Cheshire Fairgrounds area?  I haven't been there in forever!

We are pretty lucky to live in the area.  Two of the things I like the most is the AG atmosphere, and that the grounds are well kept.  My wifes family sent a pair of calves to a local high school FFA class, and they were in the petting barn.  The students do a great job with the animals, and when they return them in June they'll be the most pampered heifers on the farm!

Fryeburg is great. I love the indoor pull arena.  They get animals from all over for the pull too.  They've always had a pretty good Lumbermen's day each year too. It's super clean, nice buildings, and real nice people. We missed it again this year, too much corn to cut and such. We'll get there again sooner vs later
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

newoodguy78

I grew up about 20 minutes south of the Cheshire fairgrounds. I haven't been to it since can't remember when. Last time I went the carnival side of it seemed to have taken over. Sad to see but not much of any ag left in Cheshire county. Props to you for having a wife that milks cows. Take care of her sure she's a good one . 
Got many acres left to chop?

GRANITEstateMP

Down to the last field. Brother in law wants to try and finish tomm.  I will head up and help after getting 2-3 cord done in the am
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

newoodguy78

GRANITEstateMP

Quote from: newoodguy78 on October 10, 2021, 08:00:48 AM
Good luck getting finished up.
Well...the firewood part of my Sunday went as planned!  I was running my first cord up to the neighbors house when I saw the Case 8929 with the chopper and no dump wagon headed down the road at me.  He made it about 100 yards and blew an upper gathering chain off the corn head. If that wasn't bad enough, part of it went through the chopper!  The spare head is in the shop, one of those when you get a minute jobs, that never get a minute.  Stole a pair of chains from that, he got things timed, I provided brute force. Had to remove either 4 or 6 new this season knives, cause they didn't like eating chain!
They finished up yesterday instead.  I hope they cover the silo today, while I'm at work, not a fan of that part.
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

GRANITEstateMP

short naps Mike. No rest, just nap time.
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

Tacotodd

Trying harder everyday.

newoodguy78

Sorry to hear about the chopper issues. That was always my biggest fear when chopping, I've heard many horror stories of the infeed chains going through the chopper, never ends well.
Must've been something in the air this weekend. Ended up breaking something major in the rear end/transfer case of the 445. Not fun 
How's that saying go? If you ain't fixin you ain't farmin  :D

jmur1

Working at this stuff usually takes a solid set of tools.  (Not to mention the ability to use them while standing on your head while oil/water drips on your nose)

jmur1
Easy does it

newoodguy78

Isn't that the truth, also found on certain days a well rounded vocabulary that kids shouldn't hear doesn't hurt either 

GRANITEstateMP

passed 100 cord for the year today! 2 more off the processor and 1 off the splitter.  Got a couple more orders, then maybe, I hope, get a good pile done up for me to slowly get stacked up
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

GRANITEstateMP

All that labor Mike, and no baby!  
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

mike_belben

Well im sure the machines consumed plenty of diapers and formula to produce 100 cd.  
Praise The Lord

cutterboy

Hey Gstate, that's a lot of wood. Keep it coming.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

GRANITEstateMP

Well, I did up my final numbers, looks like 111 cord for the year (110.5, but I round up!!!). Not too shabby, I spent more time the last month cleaning up the door yard, doing family things, and sanding and salting roads (got a bunch of weekend weather events) than making wood.  I sold 2 cord of 1 year seasoned wood, that money went into an envelope and into the safe to help pay for next years Christmas.  I got !ost of my wood stacked for 2023 or maybe 24?  Got to add 2 more cords and then thats done!  Next a new wood shed-ish area...

Last cord leaving. Yeah, it was dark, not the most fun to deliver!

This is how I spent most of Christmas. Not a ton of fun, but at least I got to see the family a bit between runs.

Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

GRANITEstateMP

I redid my math's (3 times), we're at 113 cord for the year. With math skills like mine I could work for the Goobber-mint  ;D
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

Thank You Sponsors!