iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sawing in Middleburg again

Started by Tom, June 25, 2006, 08:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I found myself sawing for Drew again in Middleburg.  Drew was a climber and right-of-way man for the local Electric Company.  He has been "promoted" after many years to driving grounding rod.  He loves his new job.  Still taking down trees as his own business he gets a lot of pretty pine and cedar.   This was a trip to cut some more pine for him and his friends.  Drew's next project is a big Garage.

I sawed for him, his Father in Law Tom, his friends from work Bruce and Mark and cut a mantel for his cousin.

Drew is a real industrious, go-getter and this trip, all told, ended up with about 7800 over the last three days.

Drew's brother is a politician and is running for a county commissioner seat.   He had a big bar-b-cue at their Dad's place, up the road, and I was invited for Dinner.  So, when Noon hit, we jumped in the truck and all of us went to the party.  They even had a band....  and it was good.   I had a plate full of Chicken, baked beans, cole slaw and some roasted-in-the-husk corn dipped in butter.

The music was good too, albeit a little loud.  ::)   Songs made famous by Lynyrd Skynyrd (a band from Middleburg) with whom most "Southern Rock" enthusiast are familiar, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, and the like.  I hated to leave.

Here is Drew's son, Wendall, His Father in law, Tom, His father, Charles, his friend, Bruce and Drew with his dog.

sawguy21

Sounds like a heck of a good day.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

getoverit

Nice looking stack of lumber too !
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

joelmar10

Is it me or does Bruce resemble da Boss in a Tico hat?   :D

Looks like a nice bunch a fellas, a nice whacka lumber and excellent grub and tunes.  How DO you fall into these terrible situations, Tom?
I used to think I could fix DanG near anything...now I know I can...or I think I can...or maybe I can?

Radar67

Nope, not you, I had the same thought.

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

UNCLEBUCK

Wow that is nice lumber indeed !  Taking the mill to the customer really seems like the way to go  :)
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Thank You Sponsors!