iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

O k

Started by Magicman, June 23, 2020, 10:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

btulloh

:D :D  :D :D  Pretty good load but it looks like it's capable. 
HM126

EOTE

Sorry, looks photoshopped.  The car is in way too good of condition.
EOTE (End of the Earth - i.e. last place on the road in the middle of nowhere)  Retired.  Old guys rule!
Buzz Lightsaw, 12 Mexicans, and lots of Guy Toys

Old Greenhorn

Use caution when you mill that butt log, there might be some metal in it.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Banjo picker

Quote from: EOTE on June 23, 2020, 10:51:34 PM
Sorry, looks photoshopped.  The car is in way too good of condition.
I agree.  I can't tell from the leaves being too blurry to see when I magnify.  But if that's white oak that tree was probably a foot and a half in diameter when that car was made.  Maybe one of the tree guys will I'd it.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

JJ

Where da roots?  headscratch

btulloh

Quote from: JJ on June 24, 2020, 12:11:13 PM
Where da roots?  headscratch
I wondered the same thing.  A tree like that would have a major league root flair with a lot of mounding. 
The photo is interesting and amusing whether real or not.  I'm glad MM posted it. 
HM126

mike_belben

Were only goin just up the road a ways.. Toss it in and we'll go slow. 

Looks like a hickory bark. 
Praise The Lord

Jeff

It would be a simple thing if you had that vehicle sitting out behind a barn, to take the sheet metal and position it around a big tree for yard art. Thats what Id do and I think that is what this is.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

But no one has put the "a" between the O and k.  Oak.  ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

I was trying not to show off.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Banjo picker

Quote from: Banjo picker on June 24, 2020, 11:38:45 AM
Quote from: EOTE on June 23, 2020, 10:51:34 PM
Sorry, looks photoshopped.  The car is in way too good of condition.
white oak  Banjo
Maybe I'm missing something, but that is an a between the o&k.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Magicman

Oh no, I didn't miss your response Tim.  I intentionally left the space and was just expecting someone to pick up on the way I worded the topic and actually stick the "a" between the "O" and the "k".  ::)

kantuckid

I intentionally built my deck around a buckeye tree in 2004. I included a small hexagon bench around the tree, allowing a closed hands width from the sitting bench. Now that tree has began to touch the bench and maybe 18-20" dia at that point ~ 6.5-7' off the ground. Our new metal roof sounds like "incoming". ;D 
To cut it down would demolish a bunch of deck for sure. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Thank You Sponsors!