iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Redneck living uh oh! I may have opened a can of worms

Started by SwampDonkey, November 16, 2005, 01:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etat

QuoteThey are beeing stretched and cleaned once this is done I will soak them in a lime and water solution to get the hair .. fur  off of them then it will be soaked in a water and soda  then after ringing into water and light detergent .. then into water . then stretched again to dry

That's what i'm a gona try to do. 

In the meantime.........I've been.........
QuoteGoogle up some info
   :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

PawNature

I betcha a fella could let it lay out in the cold till it froze then take a 4" planner and do a real find job.:)
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

isawlogs

Charles let me know how your end product looks like .  And what you find on google . I never did do any research on it just did it like I was tought .. Might be an easier way .  :P
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Modat22

I researched the old method for tanning hides a couple years ago. After reading about one of the substances used called "Pure" I quit reading.

The hide was placed in the "Pure" mixture and allowed to kinda rot a little, making the hair fall out while expanding the collagen fibers prior to brain curing.

"Pure" was the byproduct of our good K9 companions that we sometimes step in.
remember man that thy are dust.

SwampDonkey

Ok we can't let this go down without mentioning the redneck culture behind the Mckenzie Brothers (Bob and Doug). Take Off, eh? :D ;D

Ka-roo-koo-koo-a-koo-koo-koo!

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Academy/9134/

In 2003, they made their first animated appearance as Tuke and Rutt, the moose brothers in Disney's animated "Brother Bear." ;)

Canada's fastest supercomputer, used to simulate the collisions of galaxies and the movement of supermassive black holes, is named "McKenzie," after the nefarious brothers. It cost $900,000 to build. ;)

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Don P

I can't let the opportunity to tell a critter rug story go by  ::) :D.

My wifes family travelled alot when her Dad worked as an engineer for a Dutch oil company. One of their stations was in Indonesia. While they were there, there was a rash of tiger attacks by a large male and a local professional hunter was called in to dispatch it. He got to ride along on the night hunt and they were successful, he got the hide and had it turned into a rug with skull and teeth attached.
Fast forward to shortly after we were married and staying with the family for a visit, the rug was in our room. During the middle of the night, I step out of bed to wander down the hall, forgetting about the rug, and in my groggy state stick my foot into this critters mouth  :o.

I still hear about that one.

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

DanG

I'll be the In-laws gained a new insight into your vocabulary, Don. :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

SwampDonkey

I don't know about you's guys but my feet are tender and stepping on a canine tooth in the middle of the night would bring the house down. ;D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

crtreedude

Sounds like my reaction when a scorpion ran across my sandles - with my feet in them.  My wife said she never knew I could dance so well...  ::)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

asy

Quote from: SwampDonkey on November 29, 2005, 09:43:58 AM
I don't know about you's guys but my feet are tender and stepping on a canine tooth in the middle of the night would bring the house down. ;D :D

or a feline one?

asy :D :D :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

SwampDonkey

In case we didn't know, canine teeth are the pointy ones next to your front teeth. ;)

But I can take a joke.  ;D :D

Paul_H

Wow SD,you have Canine teeth? Why I'd give my eye teeth for a set of those  :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

SwampDonkey

Don P

If this keeps up we're bound to be impacted by some wisdom  :-\

Well Dan, I figured it couldn't unnerstand my French and I don't know a lick of Indonesian, so I let fly with some of my best all purpose "southern noise" (some people might mistake it for sounding like a girl screaming but its much more calculated and deliberate, meant to scare the offending party into submission). My plan worked and it commenced to let go of me, roll over, and is still playing possum twenty some years later. Those high falutin soprano's ain't got near the pipes or range of a redneck with his foot in a king size wild eyed pussycats chimney :D :D

Paul_H

Ever see that commercial where the caveman was using his teeth as currency?If he needed a new club,he'd rip out one of his teeth.He had the very best of skins and a Cavegirl hanging off his arm.

His last purchase was a big chunk of meat but had no teeth left to chew with.  :)

Buy cuspid.

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Roxie

Quote from: Don P on November 29, 2005, 06:29:21 PM
If this keeps up we're bound to be impacted by some wisdom  :-\

Well Dan, I figured it couldn't unnerstand my French and I don't know a lick of Indonesian, so I let fly with some of my best all purpose "southern noise" (some people might mistake it for sounding like a girl screaming but its much more calculated and deliberate, meant to scare the offending party into submission). My plan worked and it commenced to let go of me, roll over, and is still playing possum twenty some years later. Those high falutin soprano's ain't got near the pipes or range of a redneck with his foot in a king size wild eyed pussycats chimney :D :D

Oh my gosh!  That's sooooooooo funny!!  If'n I close my eyes, I can just hear those "pipes" sing!   :D :D :D :D
Say when

Ernie

A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

sawguy21

:D :D :D :D :D Something just came to mind after that one  but I think I'll just go to work
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!