iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Eastern Red Cedar, doing my Homework

Started by shelbycharger400, October 30, 2012, 09:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okrafarmer

Just save all the solid ones with an 8" or bigger top, and send them to me on a flatcar.
8) 8) 8)
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

shelbycharger400

I would love to have more red cedars here, they arn't as plentiful, but if that was the case they wouldn't draw a premium either.
I had a call on the last slab from that log, i slab'd it at 4 in thick,  its clear perfect except one knot hole in the first 6 feet, one side is perfect. He grumbled at the price of it, I said to him its over a hundred year old tree and your not going to find them that big around here, or a slab that nice, thats why its priced what it is.  It seems to be rare to find anything more than 12 in dia.  Years ago menards usto carry eastern red cedar lumber, they no longer do. 

Okrafarmer

Seems like the thing I sell the most is ERC. That's what everybody wants these days.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Cedarman

Shelby, a few years ago someone from the state in Mn called and said they had 5000 acres near a river that was all ERC and they wanted to get rid of it.
Looks like there is or was a big patch somewhere in MN.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Thank You Sponsors!