iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

OK Stihl guys...I've got a question...

Started by Captain, November 06, 2005, 09:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain

Actually, I need help.

I've got an older 028 WB in the shop.  It needs a carb.  The Tillotson that is in it is shot...too much water for too long.

I'm trying to find a replacement carb.  My Walbro Catalog lists a WA 128 for an 028 AV.  The Tillotson body style looks like a WA series Walbro.  Does anybody know if that will fit and work??  Any other suggestions??

Thanks!!

Captain

Rocky_J

I can't say for sure. I do know that the 028 shared some parts with the later 026, and the 026 used Walbro carbs on most of the model years. I don't know if the early 026 uesd the Tillotsons or not?

I'd research at  acresinternet (chainsaw collector's corner) to see what other saws used the same Tillotson carb you have. Then I'd look and see what other carbs were used on those saws. So if A and B interchanged, and B and C interchanged, then C should also interchange with A.
8)

Kevin

The WB should take a Tilllotson HU or Walbro WT, either one.

Captain

Thanks Kevin.  It looks correct, but I was concerned about the linkage.

I don't suppose you know what model WT, my catalog does not list it.  I think the WA 128 supercedes to a WT model actually....

CAPTAIN

Kevin

I can't say, this might give you a comparison ...
walbro

There's only a few to choose from ...

WT

:)

dozerdan

Captain
Yes the Tillotson and the Walbro carb that they used on the 028s are interchangeable. No alterations are necessary.
The 026 carb will not work on the 028.
They came factory with the Walbro WT 16.
Later
Dan
Danny Henry
Central Pa.
Home of the Original Power Ported Saws
570 658 6232
dozerdan@sunlink.net or
dozerdan@nmax.net

Captain

Thanks all..my information was not old enough!! :)

CAPTAIN

Thank You Sponsors!