iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Weather!!...

Started by HiTech, September 04, 2012, 04:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiTech

I was wondering what fall/winter will bring. I have seen many swamps that are bone dry and dusty. The leafs on trees are curling and dying...not from being fall but from lack of water. The "Old Timers" always said,"the swamps have to be full of water before the snow stays." Last winter brought very little snow and it was hard to freeze a road in with warm temps. With the price of wood the way it is, perhaps it is best to just cut firewood. I have seen loads of firewood logs go for more than a load of saw logs...sad but true. In places the fire hazard has to be really high also. Just wondering what your ideas are of the coming winter?

MJD

Same here, ponds dryed up the leaves on the trees have been falling for a month already. Most corn and beans  are so bad I dont think farmers will break even at harvest.

thecfarm

Scary to hear all of you guys talk about how dry it is. I'm lucky where I am. My bog is doing great. I'm digging rocks and old stumps out of the ground in our new piece. The ground is kinda damp there. The brooks and ponds are looking good too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Mark K

They say we are five inchs short on rain here. Swamps and small creeks have dried up. Started raining on my job earlier this morning. State wanted me to water bar the skid roads for the storms tonight, talking heavy rain. Had a hard time putting them in because the ground is so hard.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

Thank You Sponsors!