iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Skidder gauges not functioning correct

Started by Caseybow123, January 27, 2017, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caseybow123

Good evening everyone. Can anybody tell me why the guages on my 648 John Deere are not working correctly. When I put the guage fuse in all guages will peg to the low side. I know if they peg high it is usually a ground problem but this is the exact opposite. I recently replaced the alternator because it wasn't charging and the warning light for that wasn't working either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pineywoods

Gauges are electric and as such need an electric power source. In most cases that is a small regulator module that drops the vehicle electical voltage down to a lower constant value, say 4 or 5 volts. That's probably shorted, puttin a full 12 volts on your gauges...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Caseybow123

Do the call them and instrument panel voltage regulator, or is that something different? Either way I will see what the voltage reads at the gauges.

Thank You Sponsors!