iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

making a modified hitch to tow splitter with rhino

Started by adamant, November 02, 2013, 09:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamant

anybody make up a hitch to tow there splitter? my issue is ,I tow my timber wolf tw5 with my Yamaha rhino and the receiver is to far under the machine its hard to hook up. I am looking for some pictures of what you did?
central boiler 6048
son's off to collage and he was replaced with a timber wolf tw 5

thecfarm

You show me yours and I"ll show you mine.  :D  Just kidding. I would like to see what you mean with your hitch. Being underneath would be a bother. Should be able to move it out. Not like a wood splitter weighs a lot.I did make a hitch that would go on my 3pt winch. Than I put a plate on the front of the wife's tractor and that works even better.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jhellwig

I actually just made a hitch to pull my splitter today.  It was my trailer that I haul wood though.  I can't leave my splitter where I am cutting or the cows will eat it.

Is it a 2 inch receiver?   If it is you can find longer ball mounts.  Curt makes one that about 6 inches longer than normal.  You can make one fairly easy also.  It doesn't have to be to heavy since splitters are light.
Murphy's Law is a pain in my butt.

Beefie

Would you be able to give us some pictures of your current hook up set up. It would help every one a lot to see what you are dealing with, recommendations can be made from there.

Beefie

beenthere

adamant
I put a third wheel under the hitch with a tongue to pull around either by hand or with garden mower, ATV, or utility vehicle. It shows in this picture of the splitter but the tongue is turned around underneath to be out of the way when splitting.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ivan49

You can make or buy a hitch extender. If you have a 2 inch receiver. It is nothing more than a piece of tubing cut to what ever length that goes into your hitch and then has another piece of tube welded on the end that your hitch goes into

Yatt

I put a receiver hitch on my Yamaha Grizzly 700.  The hitch moves the receiver tube out several inches from the frame and that coupled with the several more inches from the "stinger" with ball attached makes towing much better as the  tongue is farther away from the rear wheels.
288 XP Lite
372XPG
562XP
357XP
550XPG
346XP
Dolmar 7900
028 Super totally rebuilt and ported
Speeco 28ton splitter
Silvey 510, Oregon 511AX & Tecomec grinder

Thank You Sponsors!