iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Two Upcoming Events in Mississippi

Started by wascator, November 01, 2012, 10:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wascator

Hi, two events you may be interested in attending:
  Friday and Saturday, Nov. 2-3, at Meridian, Mississippi: the Soule' Steam Festival, at the old Soule' Mill Works in downtown Meridian. See web site for details: http://www.soulelivesteam.com/

November 6-10: Annual Harvest Festival, Mississippi Agriculture and Forestry Museum, Jackson, MS. Blacksmithing, sawmill, cotton gin (I understand the gin will operate on Saturday and is the oldest one that will run in the US). See web site: http://www.mdac.state.ms.us/departments/museum/index.html   and click on museum events; also see "Bisland Gin" where there is a short video of the gin in operation.

Now, get out there and have some fun!

Magicman

Thanks for the reminder.   The Harvest Festival might be doable.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Woodchuck53

DanG, and I had to come back to work. I'll have to write this on the calender for next year. But I did make the Shreveport fair this year.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

wascator

Sorry I posted in the wrong place; I had never scrolled down that far!
The show at Meridian was pretty good. The old Soule plant had the pattern shop upstairs and hundreds of old wood patterns; it has the lineshaft in the machine shop with all the machine tools in place. Really something to see in real life instead of photos only. They made castings there and machined the parts. In their late years of business they made manhole covers, water meter covers, etc, so if you see one with Soule' on it you'll know from whence it came.
The Soule Spee-D-Twin was their primary product for years, and there were a few on site. A gentleman was sawing a large cedar log with a band mill; he was interesting to talk to.
In the old office-sales counter area there were still parts on the shelf: circle saw inserts, bearings, all sorts of sawmill stuff. Dad bought a can of ribbon-cane syrup from some guys who were crushing and cooking on-site.
Now, Jackson, MS next Saturday!

Thank You Sponsors!