iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Scottish Timber Haulage

Started by Bothy_Loon, August 08, 2011, 02:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bothy_Loon

Another load of 11ft Larch into the mill.

zopi

Sure would like to be in bonny Scotland today...my camoflage kilt would draw some strange looks though...redneck hunting tartan...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

thecfarm

11 footers. I know there is a good reason for it.What's the logs going to be used for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Is larch the predominate softwood species?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

I know that I would like to have a loader like that.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

isawlogs

Do all the trailers have super singles for tires ???

I like those flatnose trucks, I think they look good  :) :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Bothy_Loon

Thanks for looking folks.
I will try to answer your questions in this reply.
Larch is used for most outdoor jobs from boatbuilding to fencing. I built a cabin a few years back & even used it for the internal wall cladding & the floor as it can have bonnie grain.
The 11ft larch here, is going into 5ft6inch fence posts. I spend most of my time these days sawing fencing & this is for an order of 2000 posts.

Most of the trailers now over here have super singles & most have a lifting axle to save on tyre wear when running empty.
That lorry has a lifting back axle too as it can also be an aid to traction in the forest roads. We do have double drives but everybody is trying to keep weight down so this is a compromise.

Hope tha answers your questions ;D

Bobus2003

How well does a single drive axle tractor do in the woods? I know around here twin Drivers are always used and i have seen many stuck even with chains.. So i'd think that a single driver would be even more notorious for getting stuck

Thank You Sponsors!