iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Happy Birthday Brother Noble and Jeff!

Started by CHARLIE, July 21, 2011, 01:02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

Well Noble, I hope your birthday was a real nice relaxin' one.  For y'all that don't know, Noble did attend the first Pig Roast.  I still remember that about 9 or 10 years ago, Noble had an old Oak tree die that had been in his family for years.  He sent me some wood from it and I had the privilege of making him and his family some keepsakes from the old tree.  He told me that tree had been in his family since he was a boy and before that.  I figure Noble is back to work now since his birthday is well over. 

Jeff, I can't even remember when I was 50. You're just a young'n.  I've always said that I ain't that old but I'm badly worn.  Seems like you're in the same boat. I do remember one thing about when I was 50 (as Tom would say, back in the last century). That was the year I started using a shaving brush and mug.  I still use it too but I don't shave everyday.  You should get Tom to teach you how to sharpen a chainsaw.  The blistering hot summer day, back in 1995, when he worked me like a dog and fed me cold peas out of a can for lunch, he also taught me how to sharpen a chainsaw.  That short lesson has served me well over the years and it ain't hard.  There are just a couple of things to keep your eye on to know when it's sharpened right.

I had just the kind of birthday I wanted.  Very low key and relaxing.  I took Donna for a long motorcycle ride that day and she fixed me all the fried shrimp and crabcakes I could eat and pumpkin pie for my birthday pie!  Now....Old Tom is trying to make me think we are the same age, but he's Dang near 2 years my SENIOR!  8)  And always will be.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Bro. Noble

Well, Charlie,  I was pleased to just make it through another year.  Glad you had a good one 8)

Last week that old Ranger from Texas was here with his delightful wife and I was showing some of your handiwork to them.  They were impressed and I'm still really proud of them.  I was afraid that box with lid would warp,  but none of the pieces have moved a bit that I can tell 8)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Texas Ranger

I can personally verify that Charlie did indeed provide Bro. Noble with turnings of oak, saw them in a place of honor.  

Oh, just read Bro Nobles post, there wasn't even any dust on your turnings, Bro. Noble must have tidied up before we got there. ;D
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Thank You Sponsors!