iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Albino Deer

Started by Downstream, June 23, 2019, 10:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Downstream

EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

WV Sawmiller

Pretty neat. I have never seen one but I did see a pied one a couple years ago and 2 years ago I watched a baby albino coon grow from a kit to near grown. I did not see him last year so I don't know if he survived that winter.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Downstream

Sorry but I don't know why my comments did not post originally.

We started seeing an albino deer this spring running in the woods around us.  It comes out and feeds like normal but still weird any time you see it.  It is snow white but other than that appears to be normal.  This is not a great photo but all I could get from car last week.  
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

thecfarm

It's there,I can see it. Maybe you can get a better one someday.  
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ellmoe

I've seen a number of pie-bald deer , some well over 50% white , but never a true albino . The odds of survival from birth on must be incredibly small. 
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

millwright

Just started having an albino fawn come in with other deer. Mother is normal, there is a history of albino's in this area. 

moosehunter

https://www.senecawhitedeer.org/
This place is about 20 miles from us. We sometimes see them when driving by. We have had a couple close by over the years. 

mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Chuck White

Another point regarding albino deer, or actually any albino critter is that just because they're white doesn't make them an albino!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WV Sawmiller

Yes, they could just be a white phase animal. My coon 2 years ago was a true albino with the pink eyes and pink toes and such. His siblings were normal colored cook kits.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!