iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

custom sawyer goes to Jacksonville

Started by Tom, September 12, 2006, 11:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I was one lucky rascal yesterday.  Customer Sawyer (Jake) came to Jacksonville on a business trip and came by my house at about 5:30.  He forced me to go back to town with him where he deliberately, with malice aforethought, caused me to partake in a glutinous indulgence at the local Chinese Buffet.  Don't throw me in that briar patch!! 

I was made to eat 4 platefuls off of the sea-food bar which found its way, in small quantities to the table.   Let's see, there was Mud Bugs, spicy fried shrimp, shrimp fried in a sauce, fried rice, mushrooms, Alaskan Crab legs, drawn butter, sugared dinner rolls, catfish fillets, whole fried catfish, Bar-b-cued pork ribs, green beans, boiled shrimp, a cocktail sauce with enough horseradish to clear your sinuses, and a couple of scoops of ice cream and a couple of chunks of Honey Dew melon.  All washed down with copious amounts of ice water.

It's a good thing I wasn't hungry, they had soups and peach pie and salmon fillet and all kinds of vegetables and chicken from fried to casserole and a desert bar with cookies and cakes and coconut macaroons and a big salad bar.

Then I got threaten with a fist fight cause he thought I had picked up the check.  Those chinamen were backing up to the walls.  Dang!  I was too busy to keep track of the waitress.  He wouldn't even let me put a tip on the table. 

On top of everything else, I got yessirred and nosirred and parked close to the door and talked to like a real human being and even delivered back to within spittin' distance of my back door.

That was one of the most enjoyable visits I've had from a young fellow in a long time.   What a pleasure to experience respect for elders whether they deserve it or not.

Yessir!!   Class "A" in my book.  ;D 8)

Bibbyman

Yea,  it 's great when the younger folks drop in and spend time with old "shut-ins".

smiley_old_guy

I'm working on reading an old book about hunting in Africa.  He tells where the natives would take their old folks out for supper – they'd leave them out in the bush for the hyenas and lions to take care of.  :o

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

customsawyer

Well Mr. Tom isn't the only one that had a great time that evening. I must say that when you take that man out to eat that is exactly what he intends to do. He sure showed this youngster how to do it. That was alot of fun we'll have to do it again.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

SwampDonkey

Tom will be good to go to the sawmill for the rest of the week now. ;D 8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodbowl

Well Tom ...... that's the way he done me when I was out his way. I was full as a tick when we came out of the resturant. He gave me the grand tour of the automated mill on site. It was a good day.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

customsawyer

I just wanted to add that I was really glad it was all you could eat buffet. :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Fla._Deadheader

I gathered up Tom a few times, to ride "Shotgun" on some trips. He knew most shortcuts to where we were headed, and ALWAYS knew where them "Buffet" places were, AND if they were any good.  8) :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

DanG

Jake, them folks just dread to see Tom comin' in the door.  Come to think of it, they prolly weren't all that tickled to see you, either. ;D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

SwampDonkey

You guys need to take Dang a few more times. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

customsawyer

Swampdonkey I have been thinking that very same thing. I just might have a different place in mind.   (like a snipe hunt) ;D
www.thecustomsawyer.com

DanG

8) 8)  I love Snipe.  Taste's like Spotted Owl! 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!