iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Straight 660 Timberjack.

Started by BargeMonkey, February 22, 2021, 09:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewoodjoe

You have to pick your poison. At some point you'll have to drink some. I don't care what route you take. Your basically winning and loosing big or winning and loosing small. Small gives me less of a headache and I sleep better🙂

ehp

yes we talk lots , big thing is you need to sit yourself down and really figure out did you make any more money after spending so much on equipment and the cost of running that equipment per day , yes you produce alot more but your cost is alot more to produce that stuff AND are you always going to have that timber to use that equipment 

mike_belben

If america glorified spending as little as possible instead of making as much as possible, we'd have a 3 day workweek instead of 7. 
Praise The Lord

ehp

If you think about it . Back when my Dad logged . A log truck took 2500 feet and the team of guys cut 2 or 3 of those a day and made alot more money per thousand than we are today.  Just because we produce more does not mean we are making more once its all said and done . 

ehp

Now back to Barges skudder. Never been around a 848 or a 948 but I'm sure they would pull a hell of a load . Phone Tigercat and tell them you want to demo a new 6 wheel dkidder or I guess johndeere as they may one now just tell them you want to put only 2500 hours on it for a test to see if its the machine you want lol

Mountaynman

to the skidder makes gd sense for his operation and the 460 he has was run hard and well maintained by the origional owner and is of the same vintage as that 660 if you go back downsize you could bunch with the 440 and dozer to it for long skids

ed the crazy thing is that the 2500 ft made a living for all 3 and the trucker as well and some more at the sawmill
Semi Retired too old and fat to wade thru waist deep snow hand choppin anymore

BargeMonkey

@Mountaynman  These guys dont realize how MUCH wood that little Frenchman cut 😆 

I dont know what to do, low hr G3 or this pig 🤷‍♂️  guy put new batteries in it today, got it out. 

That machine hasn't seem much wood, arch isn't even hammered. 

Firewoodjoe

Well seeing it drive around sure helps. Is it a 5.9? 

BargeMonkey

8.3 cummins, Clark trans, basically a big sister to my 460. 

kiko

In my experience that 8.3 is a snorting beast.  Does your timbco have an 8.3?

BargeMonkey

No, my Timbco was an unloved red headed step child in the UP because it was spec-ed out with a 6068T Deere engine, had only ever seen a barsaw in redpine when i got it. I bought it from Lakeshore when he was still going, no one wanted it because it didn't have the HP for a big head. 

I cant find a good brochure on it but im being told its 230-250hp, I will have to check the tag. 

Firewoodjoe

Your 460 has a 8.3? All the 360s and 460s I ran had the 5.9. Well except the newer 460h. That was Deere. All good though. 

BargeMonkey

My 460 has a 5.9. That 660 in the picture has an 8.3 cummins. 

kiko

IIRC the 848G had an 8.1 jd engine. Other than that they were basically the same as the 660.

ehp

Barge , the 660 looks pretty good , new tires and forsure not beat up , if the price is right I'm sure it will do the job well 

BargeMonkey

Going out Sunday 🤷‍♂️ The guy is a dirty iron peddler, my type of people 😆 We sat talking biggest iron flips the other day, im an amateur. Breaking out my fanciest yalmuka and see how far I can beat him down. 

ehp

You can do it .  Just take your fat wallet . Cash is King in most of those kind of places and he has to know that size of a machine is hard to sell and most guys will buy new or newer cause then they can finance it at a bank . Any machine over 10 years old the banks will not touch here . .   So I'm thinking by Monday morning we should see pictures of this 660 with 7500 feet of logs behind it heading to the landing 

mike_belben

my wife wants to finance a brand new car.  i keep telling her people are more desperate than ever in our lives.. just save up a bit of cash and you'll have most of them over a barrel on plenty of good choices.  not hearing it.  but what can i say.. she pays the bills and didn't deny me my old cash junk (that appreciated a lot in the last few years, unlike a new car that suffers a huge immediate loss).

she's earned it.. i want her to have nice things.. i just don't want to see the gravy train dry up and new slavery come along that we brought upon ourselves after such a long struggle to be free... by the ills of debt. i got out of it and don't want any part of going back in.  i will pedal to the store if the old truck is broke.. i get to stay home 7 days a week.  thats the reward.. living to actually retire and say no to anyone you want.
Praise The Lord

donbj

Quote from: mike_belben on February 26, 2021, 11:59:06 AMliving to actually retire and say no to anyone you want.

Except the wife,lol. Just kidding, couldn't resist!
I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

Walnut Beast

You know she is getting that car Mike. What is she getting. A friends wife has a KIA and drives that car during the week 140 mile round trip everyday

Walnut Beast

Quote from: BargeMonkey on February 25, 2021, 10:55:51 PM
Going out Sunday 🤷‍♂️ The guy is a dirty iron peddler, my type of people 😆 We sat talking biggest iron flips the other day, im an amateur. Breaking out my fanciest yalmuka and see how far I can beat him down.
Those type of old boys know how to play the game 😂. Better have that bag of money and do some serious talking about how you been loosing your a** working around the clock trying to get ahead, and don't rub him the wrong way 😂. Better save a little money to treat the Girlfriend right on this trip or you might be in the doghouse with everybody

BargeMonkey

He just bought some low hr 2040 Muktitek package so he wants my money now. 😆

This machine hasn't seen the woods very much. They cut the snow pusher brackets off, went thru the pans and put the door back on today.

ehp

that blade has never seen rock thats forsure, Barge she looks pretty straight and you can run a paint spray gun so all is good

ehp

you buying another wood processor with this skidder in a package deal

Tacotodd

Trying harder everyday.

Thank You Sponsors!