iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old fart with a new mill

Started by tmarch, March 15, 2014, 09:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmarch

Pulled my EZboardwalk home last Sunday, long trip, but we survived.  Got it set up outside for now, hate them blue tarps, but til I get some cutting done............  My bride of 42 years had to come and help with the first log, not sure if I will be running it or offloading now.  So far so good and the better half likes it so that's definetly a ++++++++++++.
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

thecfarm

Old and new has come together.  ;D What's the plan for the lumber?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tmarch

Well the mill shed or cover I hope, a lean to on the barn and some windbreak, but the MM (mill mistress) has already ordered a new chicken house, so I'll let you figure out whut will be first.  Just cutting some ponderosa pine that needs to be cut to start, but that'll do.
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

Magicman

WWhhheeeew, another man done gone.  Congratulation on the sawmill and the Wife.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping
Good luck with the mill  8) 8) 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

bandmiller2

Sounds like there will be a building boom on your diggens. Tell mommy that a sawyer is like the captain of a ship, it won't work but you have to try. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Knute

Sounds like fun, but I don't know if I can get my wife to help me.

Wellmud

Seems like things always go smoother when the better half gets their way, just have to figure out how to make that happen. A year or so ago I was telling the wife I'd like to have one of them side by side UTV's to haul my dogs around hunting, she said you don't need one of them (she's probabely right), so back in January, cold and snowy, she was helping me get some logs out of the woods, I was using the tractor and she was riding my 4 wheeler to get around, she tells me that one of them side by sides with a cab would be good for this, I told her I liked the way she thinks ;D
Woodmizer LT35 manual, Kubota L3130, Farmi 351, Stihl 029 super, 3 Logrite canthooks

drobertson

Glad to hear! good mill you have there!  we are ready for some photos now ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Brucer

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

36 coupe

I built a shed that just covers the power head.I notice that a few elaborate sheds have caved in with snow loads.The track can stand the weather.

dboyt

Congratulations on the mill.  Great that it will be a family project.  Looking forward to the pictures.  Hope you have a good supply of lumber!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Thank You Sponsors!