iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack 1410D solutions to overheating wanted...

Started by Vicenç, June 16, 2018, 06:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vicenç

Hi, I've got a Timberjack 1410D year 2002 and it's been overheating for two years and I don't know why. I've changed the cooling system -radiator, thermostat, water pump, -  and I've put in a new engine. It's still overheating. It's been progressive and got worse. Someone suggested it maybe the hydrostatic system, but it's not the hydraulic oil that's overheating it's the water. Could it be that the hydrostatic system is making the engine overwork, and therefore overheat? Could it be air in the hydrostatic system? Anybody got any ideas? Sure could do with some help...Thanks

Skeans1

Have you checked flow through the oil cooler to the radiator? Did the cooler get replaced as well?

mike_belben

Get an IR temp gun and find the hottest points in the cooling system and the hydraulic system and see if the coolant is being used for hyd cooling or not.  We will go from there.
Praise The Lord

Vicenç

Quote from: mike_belben on June 16, 2018, 10:13:04 PM
Get an IR temp gun and find the hottest points in the cooling system and the hydraulic system and see if the coolant is being used for hyd cooling or not.  We will go from there.

Thanks Mike, coolant isn't used for hydraulics, only for the engine. It's all been renewed. Going there to bleed the hyd system today.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bushmechanic

Welcome Vicnec what temperature is your engine getting up too? If your hydraulics are running too hot the cooler is located next to the radiator for the engine which may drive your engine temp up. Does that machine have the TMC display so you can check your hydraulic temp? Another possibility is your exhaust system, if it is plugged up then the engine will overheat, seen some of the Deere's have an exhaust pipe that looks straight but there are baffles inside that rust and fall down blocking the flow. 

teakwood

Welcome to the FF Vicenc, we have lots of mechanical gurus on the Forum which will help you out. Please fill out your profile so we know where you are.
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Mountain_d

Could be a leak in the head gasket blowing compression into the cooling system? Do you get bubbles in the coolant when the rad cap is off? 
1978 TJ 230E 3.9L Cummins 4B, Husky 372XP, Husky 61, Husky 266XP, JRed 625, Husky 265RX clearing saw,  Woodmizer LT40HD 1995, Kubota 4950DT (53hp 4WD), Wallenstein V90 Skidding Winch, John Deere 610 backhoe, 1995 Volvo White GMC WCA42T SA Dump Truck, 2004 Ford F-250SD 4WD, , Central Boiler OW

Thank You Sponsors!