iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A day at the fair

Started by Peter Drouin, September 02, 2013, 09:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodboogah

Jim the guys with the chainsaw mill are Dunbarton woodcutters and land clearing. 
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: Woodboogah on October 06, 2013, 08:34:39 AM
Jim the guys with the chainsaw mill are Dunbarton woodcutters and land clearing.

Thanks that's just what I was looking for.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Dave Shepard

I would also be looking for someone with a Lucas or Peterson dedicated slabber.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Piston

How did the guy with the clapboard setup get them off the log when he finished?  That's really neat.
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

beenthere

They should just snap off. Not much holding them on.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

GAmillworker

thanks for all the pics.  love the GTO and the siding maker very ingenious.
Thank the Lord for second chances

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Piston on October 08, 2013, 09:27:44 PM
How did the guy with the clapboard setup get them off the log when he finished?  That's really neat.

he had to use a flat bar to get started then snap them off, I think if he index a little less they would fall out
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

beenthere

Sawing a little deeper would cause them to drop off, but I suspect the diameter that the log is surfaced down to is planned such that the clapboards don't drop off prematurely  (as that early dropping would likely happen before the saw cut was finished and may make a mess).
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Peter Drouin

Yes Beenthere it would make a mess  :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!