iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hamburger Soup

Started by Magicman, February 06, 2020, 08:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

We have been in the 70°'s for the past week but when this 40°'s came blasting through PatD thought that is was time for Hamburger Veggi Soup.

And with a pone of Cornbread, I agreed.  food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Yum!  I made some a couple weeks ago but Pat's looks better. I love Pat's cookin!

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Yikes, where is your Cornbread??  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Don't be teasing a guy trying to reduce his caloric intake!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sawguy21

I had some earlier this week, perfect on a cold day.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WV Sawmiller

Looks good. I make some I call my Super Soup. You need a 4-5 gallon pot for this much. (My wife chastises me most severe every time I make this much but you have to make a lot to get everything in there you need). I start with 2 lbs of HB and brown it with a big diced onion, add 2 quarts of crushed or diced tomatoes, a couple quarts of tomato sauce, 5-6 medium taters diced, 5-6 big carrots cross cut about 1/4" thick, a can or two of red and/or black beans, a can of water chestnuts, 4-5 packages of assorted, mixed frozen veggies (Oriental included), sometimes a can of Ro-tel diced tomatoes and peppers, and anything slow moving in the kitchen like any leftover green beans or whole kernel corn, etc. I season with salt and pepper, worcheshire sauce, and hot sauce and maybe some dried pizza pepper flakes, depending on my mood, bring to a boil and simmer an hour so so till the taters and carrots are tender. The tougher stalks off broccoli stems and the green leaves off cauliflower are a nice addition if you have any or save and freeze them for this use. 

Serve with Ritz type crackers and freeze about half for later. My daughter loves it and takes some home with her every time and says it it is never the same which is true as the exact recipe is a moving target and based on my mood at the time. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

DPatton

I like cooking in big batches like that too WV. I can eat good vegetable beef soup for day during the winter.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Thank You Sponsors!