iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The New LT15 start/Black Friday

Started by Bosco, November 24, 2017, 09:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bosco

I been waiting to see this new rig, I am prolly gonna make her mine, wanted to hear what you pros think of her? My intentions are ONLY for hobby use no buisness, I know I'd be money ahead to hire someone to mill my logs, I wanna do it, new Hobby!

Gwhunter

In the same boat as you, I've been wanting the LT15 Wide and figured I'd wait and see what WM's new mill had to offer.
The down sides I see is it's got 2" less capacity and no power feed option, smaller engine. Additionally the LT15 and the wide are also on sale which makes it not a lot more to get the LT15 with a larger cap and engine, plus upgrade options down the road.

Matt

campwags

I was wondering what the "Big Surprise" Black Friday announcement was going to be.  Looks like a good little starter package.
Life is for Living, Loving and Laughing; Not Crying and Complaining!

TK 2000, Woodmaster 718, Kioti DK65s w/Farmi JL501, Kioti NX4510 and a Kubota KX 41-3 excavator, Japa firewood processor and an assortment of trailers, solar kiln and out buildings.

TKehl

Pretty nice setup for the price.  I don't think the lower HP will hurt for a hobby mill.  Especially in pine.  More HP than I have on my baby band mill and mine handles Cedar great, but struggles in Oak.

If it handles 90-95% of what you want to do with a mill it's a great start.

The LT15 can handle larger logs, but it's quite a bit more $.  I'd look real hard at an EZ Boardwalk 40 if the extra width is needed.
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

rjwoelk

I dont see much diff between the new lt15 and the old one. They just left off one extension smaller motor and no crank which i have found useless. I just push it. Cutting width and capacity is the same. Or am i missing something
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Kbeitz

Quote from: TKehl on November 24, 2017, 10:25:23 AM
Pretty nice setup for the price.  I don't think the lower HP will hurt for a hobby mill.  Especially in pine.  More HP than I have on my baby band mill and mine handles Cedar great, but struggles in Oak.

If it handles 90-95% of what you want to do with a mill it's a great start.

The LT15 can handle larger logs, but it's quite a bit more $.  I'd look real hard at an EZ Boardwalk 40 if the extra width is needed.

I found adding more set makes the oak cut easier.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

dgdrls

If you want to Hobby Mill look to the LT 10 and save another $1500-2K
Or look elsewhere,

IMHO I think it de-rates the 15 series too much,

FWIW I had an LT-10 and it sawed everything I thew at it including Hickory, locust and pine.

D

schakey

I believe the lt15 start would be a great mill from Woodmizer but if you add a bed extension and trailer package the price jumps to $8580 where the lt15 go is on sale for 8790.
There again on sale for 5495 it would be a great machine to start out with.
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

Bosco

I did it! pulled the trigger, no shipping, gonna pick it up at the nearest dealer, supposed to arrive in about 3 weeks. I got a concrete pad in front of my shop that I intend to set up first on, then I intend to put it on some bedded rail-road ties and build a head shed for it.

WV Sawmiller

Congratulations Bosco. Keep us informed how it works out for you.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

firefighter ontheside

Congratulations!  I've had my new to me LT15 for a couple months and hope to be able to finally get it set up this week.  I've been working on the site all this time.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Peter Drouin

smiley_clapping smiley_clapping
Good for you, Don't forget the pixs. :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

You will like it.
Get a cantdog or a peavey from Logrite,sponsor on the left.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!