iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood Tech 2010 Conference

Started by backwoods sawyer, January 27, 2010, 11:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backwoods sawyer

March 9-11 at the Oregon convention center, Portland Oregon.

THE biggest industry networking event of the year! After a day of learning and exploring what's new, attend the legendary Great Northwest Brewfest and network with thousands of industry professionals from around the world to form new alliances and reconnect in a relaxed and casual setting, all while enjoying a cold local micro-brewed beer, hors d'oeuvres and music.

For anyone who has ever attended this event you know how big of event this is.
How many of the sponsors here will be in attendance? USNR seems to be taking the lead on this year's event. This would be a grate place to wear your forestry form hat, and your company jacket. I look forward to seeing many of you there.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

sgschwend

Are you renting a boat down at the marina?  Or a house in town?

How good is this show for the small mill setup?

Thanks, BW
Steve Gschwend

sjgschwend@gmail.com

backwoods sawyer

This is the best place to see what is new in the sawmill industry, it is geared toward the large automated sawmills, however, if you are looking to expand your operation, you can get some real good ideas about how to go about it. Just take waist removal, or automating a trim line, the gadgets to simplify it will be there. The first time I went to this conference, I fell in love with the A-8 barker, but came home with a three-tier shaker screen. The A-8 followed me home 3 years later however, it was installed at one of the other mills owned by the family. I hope to see a long list of the sponsors out looking at what is available as well. You never know what kind of ideas can get stated by going to this conference. 
I recommend the darkest porter beer that they have.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

sgschwend

Perhaps a crazy idea or more crazy than mosts:  have you or anyone reading this come up with a way to process the slabs?  Certainly I mean more than chain saw, I was kicking around the idea of using that Bell saw husk.

I may very likely attend, only 5 hours from here, must be about the same for you?
Steve Gschwend

sjgschwend@gmail.com

TreeBones

I am planning a trip to Rockaway and will see if I can make it to this event. It would be great to see you guys there. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!