iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing project 2020

Started by customsawyer, January 16, 2020, 08:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

It is getting to that time of year for the sawmill project. This years event will be held on April 17th and 18th.
Friday will be a advanced kiln drying class taught by Dr. Gene. If we can get Stan the Man down here again we'll have him go over some kiln construction and maintenance. Saturday will be some more sawing. I haven't decided exactly what type yet but figured we can possibly touch on a few different things. Keep in mind one of the ways this project gets funded is for WDH to be able to take the lumber and market it. I have the new WM  Slabmizer in, that can also be shown.  We can still do the quarter sawing if that is what y'all want, I just figured that we have rode that one far enough.

Address.
1607 Capps Browning Rd.
Rentz, GA. 31075

There is lots of motels in Dublin at the intersection of Interstate 16 and US HWY 441 that is about 6 miles from my place.
Looking forward to see those of you that can make it.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Bruno of NH

It would be cool to see that slab miser working on a big slab.
If I could walk better, i would been in.
It's on my bucket list.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

customsawyer

We should keep a head count going. I make 1
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

K-Guy

I hate being #2 behind you Jake.
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Southside

You can keep #2...I will take spot 3
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

petefrom bearswamp

Been waiting anxiously for this post Jake.
Im going to have foot surgery but should be recovered in time to get there.
If that fellow Blaine from Loooziana doesn't come with his lemon bourbon Linda and i will bring it.
Maybe bring it anyway.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

caveman

John and I should be 6 and 7 if I can drag him away from his travel baseball coaching obligation.  I look forward to this event every year and I appreciate Jake for hosting it and all of the knowledgeable folks for showing up and sharing what they know.  In 28 years of working for the school board I have taken off less than 20 days including funerals, illnesses and the birth of three daughters but I gladly take off work to attend the project. 

Pete, I am glad to read they you and Linda plan to attend.  I remember that you were going to retire from this when you turned 70 and 10.  Maybe Magicman will be able to make it this year. 

Caveman

Andries

Looking forward to all the jokes from the guy from Alberta. 
Plus all thee other 'regulars' that attend.
Heck, I might even catch one of WDH's tree walkabouts and learn a few of the local species from an expert!
Jake's hospitality is second to none.
Teea and I make 7 and 8.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

jeepcj779

I really wish I could go, but I will be 2 months too late getting home for retirement. Maybe next year. Have fun!

SawyerTed

Doc Emily and I will be coming this year.  We will be 9 and 10.

Looking forward to it! 
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Quebecnewf

1200 miles one way for me so I'm thinking I'm not getting there. Would love to do the trip and meet all you good folk but maybe next year 

Quebecnewf 

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Quebecnewf on January 16, 2020, 10:31:05 PM
1200 miles one way for me so I'm thinking I'm not getting there. Would love to do the trip and meet all you good folk but maybe next year

Quebecnewf
Well the dates are a month before I am eligible to retire and probably 2 months before I am retired, so not this year for me either but I want to go. Maybe next year you can drive to my place (right off the NYS Thruway) and we can drive down together? I need to meet these guys too, and I so enjoyed your posts from last winter that a dozen hours of driving might allow time to ask all my questions and hear your stories.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

DR_Buck

I put on my calendar.  Count me as 11.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

doc henderson

Georgia and I make 12 & 13.  looking forward to it.  barring work issues.  thanks Jake.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

caveman

Doc, if you show up you can expect Jake to put you to work.
Caveman

doc henderson

my wife is a pretty good worker! 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

nativewolf

We're going to finally get to one of these.  2 or 3 people.  On the calendar and scheduling around it right now.  
Liking Walnut

Nomad

As usual, I'll be there.  I guess that makes me either 16 or 17, depending on Nativewolf's input.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Raider Bill

A week either way and I could make it but I have certification class that weekend in West Palm.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

K-Guy

I forgot to add my wife is coming to meet the people I talk about also. #18?

Jake. that means you have to be nice to her, she's nice, not like me.  :D
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

sawwood

I have plans to make it this year. now that i know the date i can make my motel
plans. Count me in. #19

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

GAB

Quote from: K-Guy on January 17, 2020, 08:12:09 AM
I forgot to add my wife is coming to meet the people I talk about also. #18?

Jake. that means you have to be nice to her, she's nice, not like me.  :D
K-Guy:
Are you saying the adage about opposites attracting is true?
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

K-Guy

Quote from: GAB on January 17, 2020, 10:07:38 AMAre you saying the adage about opposites attracting is true?

Yes I am. She's a very friendly civilized lady from Maine and I'm a backwoods hick from sticks in Alberta.
Nyle Service Dept.
- D. Adams

doc henderson

@K-Guy should we assume she is attractive and smart too?!!!   :o :o   :D :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!