iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hyd hose life

Started by ladylake, September 20, 2019, 04:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladylake

Some last rather well, I just replaced one of the last original hoses on my B20, 17 years and almost 15000 hours isn't bad.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

moodnacreek

Rubbing and sun light or flexing at the end is the ruin of hydrolic hoses.

WV Sawmiller

Rough slab pieces falling off the bucket on my little FEL and breaking the fittings is usually the cause for replacement on mine. I do have one that is wearing on it that probably should be replaced soon as the wire under the rubber coating is showing.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sawguy21

Steve, I would say you got your money out of that one. I watched my buddy shorten and reconnect a power steering hose on a 20 year old logging truck, I have no idea how old the hose is. I would have replaced it but that's just me, he is cheap.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Larry

I built my log splitter 31 years ago.  Sits in the same spot outside without cover.  Original hoses, but the rubber is completely gone.  All I can see is the steel braid. 
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

longtime lurker

Quote from: Larry on September 20, 2019, 09:15:56 PM
I built my log splitter 31 years ago.  Sits in the same spot outside without cover.  Original hoses, but the rubber is completely gone.  All I can see is the steel braid.

Around here once you see the wire exposed you've got about a year to go. Salt in the air from the ocean breeze, and rain rain rain.

I try not to run them to fail myself... cheaper to replace a hose than a hose + a heap of oil, and its the difference between scheduled maintenance and a breakdown at an always inconvenient time
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

Thank You Sponsors!