iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

time change

Started by firecord, November 03, 2013, 07:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firecord

6 pm and dark already.  I WISH WE COULD STAY ON FARM TIME!!! oh well at least it aint cold.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I don't like the "fall back" either. Messes up everything!  >:(
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

clww

I know what you mean. Just after 7 pm here, and I feel like it's time for bed. Going to be weird driving to work in the morning and it will be light out.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

sawguy21

I don't like it either. An extra hour in the sack was nice this morning but turning in an hour later is going to take some doing. I will likely be wide awake at 4am
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

lowpolyjoe

I been a little rundown lately and the extra hour of sleep really came in handy this morning.  Not looking forward to pitch black by 7pm for the next 6 months though

POSTON WIDEHEAD

CustomSawyer (Jake) will now be getting up at 3 am.  :D

Jeff

Next year I say, on Saturday night, instead of falling back one hour, we go all out and fall back 24 hours.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

Wife don't have to call me in for supper anymore.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Roxie

The Amish don't observe Daylight Saving Time, which they call "fast time."  When we move the clocks back one hour, we are again on the same clock time.  So this means, as a driver for the school teachers, that I leave the house to pick them up at 6:15, instead of my 7:15 on fast time.  The children will be done school at 2:30, instead of 3:30.  To them, nothing changes.  For me, it'll take about a month to get accustomed to it. 
Say when

Sixacresand

Computers, cell phones and atomic clock change time by themselves.  Over the  next couple weeks, I will get around to changing time on everything else.  I did already set the time/timer on the coffee pot.  I like my coffee waiting on me when I get up.  :D
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Magicman

I was up-and-kicking at 4:30 this morning.  It will take me a while to gradually adjust my internal clock.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Rocky_Ranger

Arizona doesn't :do" DST either, going across the state line with New Mexico (12 miles distance) used to mess everything up - kind'a nice to forget how to change clocks :D
RETIRED!

turnkey

For the first time I am on top of it.  Dunno how but I stayed up an hour past my usualtime Saturday night, got my usual 4 hours and was on board with the new time.  In the past it has taken several days to acclimatize.

Another of the ?pleasures? of old age, can't sleep in one stretch more than about 4-4 1/2 hours.  Nap in afternoon and go bed around 3 a.m.

Harry K

terry f

The clock in my pickup will be right for the next six months, it has been wrong the last six.

grweldon

Quote from: terry f on November 04, 2013, 01:44:05 PM
    The clock in my pickup will be right for the next six months, it has been wrong the last six.

I think with the last "improvement" on DST that our government made that the time changes back the first week in March, so thankfully we only have to deal with standard time for 5 months.

It sure is a bummer.  I used to have enough daylight to work outside for an hour+ after I got home from work.  Can't do it now.  Don't know what I'll do with myself!  I'm sure y'all can tell me what to do!  ;D
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

thecfarm

Get a light.  ;D    I will run an extesion down to where I split my wood and saw by light. Even an hour a night adds up.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Brucer

Of course the actual effect on "when it gets light" and "when it gets dark" will depend on which side of the time zone you are on ;D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

terry f

So my clocks right for 5 months and wrong for 7, this is worse than I thought.

scgargoyle

Changing the clocks to affect the amount of daylight is like cutting a foot off the end of a blanket and sewing it on the other end. Don't forget to remove the added foot and put it back where it came from come spring time.....
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

drobertson

I reckon every year it does the same thing to me, I just forget, but this year has seemed worse,  just all screwed up,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

justallan1

On a ranch with 6 guys spread out over 85,000 acres it makes it a short day trying to get the cattle in their winter pastures. We meet up later in the morning and run for home early to get our chores done before dark.
After everything is home for the winter I just do what I want until April, so as soon as my cows are happy I go play in the shop.

Allan

grweldon

Yeah, I like that.  I'm looking forward to the day when I don't have to get up by any schedule other than sunrise!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Jeff

I had to go through two fall backs this year. One unintentional and only lasted two days until I realized what happened. We have a big calendar hanging up at the cabin. I was up at there in the first part of October for Bow season, and noticed that the time changed on October 7th, the middle of the time while I was there. So, I reset the clocks, and whined to myself about how early this year the time was changing.  A couple days go by and I went into town where I had phone service (Another story that I now no longer have service at the cabin) and googled daylight savings time to see why it was so early. It told me it didn't change until November. :-\

When I got back to the cabin, I then realized. This was a beautiful Calendar that Warren Lucas had sent me. That's when I learned that Australia has a daylight savings time as well, just different from ours. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ianab

We flew to Rarotonga on the night that NZ changes to daylight saving.  So changing time zones, crossing the International date line, and clocks shifting, all at the same time.  :D

Leave NZ on Saturday night, cross into Friday night just before midnight, land in Rarotonga on about 1am on Saturday morning, which is 2 am Sunday back in NZ, which is when the clocks are changed  :D

Wasn't sure what time it really was any more.  ???

Luckily it's the Islands, and no one really cares what time it is  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on November 06, 2013, 03:45:01 PM
That's when I learned that Australia has a daylight savings time as well, just different from ours. :D

Like Gomer Pyle would say......"SURPRISE, SURPRISE!"  :)

Thank You Sponsors!