iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pete's moving along

Started by Peter Drouin, August 12, 2023, 07:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

Peter praying for you. 1999 I started having the entire left half of my body go completely numb and unable to move. 3rd time BP spiked to around 220/140 fell down and laid in my yard for I don't know how long before I came to. Today I am almost fine. Follow your doctors orders exactly and take the medications prescribed. They have some wonderful cures available if caught up front. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

doc henderson

Peter it can be hard for anyone but especially men who pride themselves in being invincable.  In addition to depression made worse by a stroke, we also morn the loss of our health, that in our minds, we thought we would somehow always have.  hang in and I hope thigs get back to "normal" even if some sadness and missing Ann remain.  Doc.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

thecfarm

I would not want to be without Brenda.
That internet can make thing seem worse than what it is, sometimes.
I am thinking of you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ed_K

@doc henderson no offense taken, I thank you for clearing up my mistake in thinking of blood clots. I thank you for explaining this, no one has ever told us this even tho we have asked many questions. I do take eloquis so I won't have clots again. The only time I sit for a long time is on Saturday 11:30 am when Mecom Antique tractor auction comes on and Classic Tractor Fever :D ;D ;). I may have go for a plane ride when my granddaughter get married :o 8).
Y'all have a great night.
Ed K
Ed K

Peter Drouin

I might be feeling a little sorry for myself. Some have more wrong than me.
And put up a good fight, 

All this out of the blue, has got to me. I will do better.  boxingsmiley

Thank's all for helping me get my head out of my ass.  :D :D ;D
Go see the doc tomorrow  11 am.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Andries

It's a good thing you have broad shoulders Peter, they stopped your head from going any further! 😉
Glad to hear that you're back with us. 
Think back a bit to when life was "normal". Remember the satisfaction you felt when you got that sawmill shed built, and when you got the hot rod? Grab onto those memories and bring them into the present day.
 Those doctors can be preachy fuss-budgets, (not the FF clinicians) but most of'em will give you good direction. Following their advice will get you better, so that you can continue to chase after those pride and satisfaction moments. 
Chin up and crack on buddy!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Wlmedley

Peter,my wife has had two major strokes.One six years ago and one two years ago.When she had the first one tests revealed that she had had a couple small mini strokes before.If we had known about them when they happened they may have been able to prevent the major ones.She had a rough time with depression after the first one and our family doctor didn't hesitate to put her on Prozac and that took care of it.Actually she is usually in a better mood than I am.After the first one she went through rehab and pretty much got back to normal.After the second one not so much although she still gets around ok.Let the doctors run their tests (there probably will be several) and take medication and stay healthy as long as possible.We are all in this thing together.Hope everything works out ok.
Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

doc henderson

Ed these are misconceptions most folks have.  The tests and medications make more sense when you understand more.  

Peter, if that is really where your head was at, you are a much better typist than I. :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Peter Drouin

Next is a heart ck, where they put stuff in your veins then a cat scan or MRI  All the other tests came back good.
The meds are the ?? now how much?
 Did I say I don't like pills? :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Ed_K

I don't like meds, 18 a day  ;D :o :D.
Ed K

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

petefrom bearswamp

wishes for a favorable diagnosis.
Hang in there Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Ed_K

Peter, how are you doing? Did you find out anything? 
Ed K

Peter Drouin

Not yet, Going Sep 8th to get the heart looked at, Were they put nuclear waste in your veins and then in a gizmo to track it. :D :D ;D
Trying to keep BP down to 140- 150.. It was 205 over 100.
I think. Good is 130 over 40 :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Ljohnsaw

40 is a little low. When I give blood, I saw 112/55 and they almost wouldn't take me. Had them recheck and I got it back up to 120/60. I think you'd be fainting at 40.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Ianab

"Normal" is 120 / 80. It varies between individuals,  but 200+ is dangerous, as in you might stroke out at any time. Hence your Doc will want to get that down, maybe under 140?

Of course too low is also dangerous, so you have to be careful with the meds. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

doc henderson

the top number (systolic) is the peak or highest pressure in the artery.  the bottom (diastolic) is the lowest right before it goes up with the next heart beat.  if it goes close to 0 you will pass out.  many  older folks do better with a higher pressure, especially if that is what there body is used to.  lower is better, but not if you fall and break your hip, and die of pneumonia in the hospital.

Ianab

Quote from: doc henderson on August 19, 2023, 05:12:28 AMlower is better, but not if you fall and break your hip, and die of pneumonia in the hospital.

Hence the balancing act with the meds. When I first went on BP meds I would get some dizzy moments when I stood up too fast. Things settled down and BP is now slightly higher than normal. but "controlled" as far as the travel insurance questions go.  Drop it too much and you risk other problems. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

YellowHammer

Blood pressure is like hydraulic pressure on your forklift... you need enough to run the cylinders and lift the load, but too much and you blow out the fittings and hoses.  I'm sure the docs will get your hydraulic pressure down.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

21incher

I find the worst part of lowering my blood pressure is the water pill. 2 cups of morning coffee and a water pill pretty much keep me busy all morning. I take 3 BP pills a day to almost control mine. Salt is a big no no. That is the hardest part for me.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Peter Drouin

I have learned EVERYTHING has salt in it. ::)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

As I heard one guy tell me, If it taste good, spit it out.  :(
It cost more money to eat good, 
But in the long run, you are saving money because you see the Doctors less.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawguy21

Peter, I understand your pain and loneliness. I lost Karen six years ago and it never goes away but we just have to get up in the morning and do the best we can. Hang in there and keep in touch, we are in your corner. 
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

doc henderson

We need salt to live, second only to water.  so do your best and do not get too crazy.  If you are white, it barely makes a difference, same with diuretics.  you can see if you can change your meds, especially if there are not fully effective.  maybe do not eat a full family size bag of potato chips.  this is why cattle need salt licks.  We humans eat processed food with lots of salt.

Chuck White

I had a Dr tell me years ago that there is enough salt in one slice of store-bought bread to sustain a human being with just one slice a day!

This only applies to the salt part, not the whole food part!   ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!