iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

keto diet

Started by randy d, January 10, 2024, 09:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy d

We are on day 2 of our keto  diet its hard to keep your self focused but I sure would like to lose 20 LBs in 2021 we had a contest who could lose the most weight don't remember who won I think we all won but i have gained some of that weight back. so here we go again. Is any one else trying to lose some weight?  Randy

beenthere

QuoteI sure would like to lose 20 LBs in 2021
Your too late for that.   :snowball: :new_year: ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

doc henderson

my wife and I are intermittent fasting.  i.e. nothing to eat after dinner and skip breakfast.  Drink water or black coffee.  she is then eating clean food and I am doing Atkins/keto/low carb.  We also are doing dry January, with occasional cheat moments.  It is also helpful to not then overeat when you do eat for faster better results.  I am happy to have you chime back on the other thread, as I tried to add some science behind some of the diets on there.  It is too exhausting to do it all over again.   :snowball:   :) :) :)

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=109254.new#new
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

sawguy21

Maybe the diet results in memory loss. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Raider Bill

A friend did keto. Lost at least 100 pounds so far and still going.
No bread or pasta, That would kill me.

Doc, on the fasting does fruit count against you in the morning, say a apple and grapes etc or is that out too?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

B.C.C. Lapp

Skipping breakfast would be a bad idea for me.   And if I ate an apple or grapes and no breakfast I'd be hypoglycemic by 7 am and by 8am my legs would be like jelly, I'd be pouring sweat, confused  and cranky as a bear with a tooth ache and a sore paw.     Skipping breakfast ain't a good idea for us type two folks.
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

randy d

One thing I know for sure is dieting can sure make you hungry

doc henderson

Yes.  It is like the low carb stuff; you are trying to reduce your insulin level and transform your metabolism to build muscle and exercise mode.  Insulin is the siesta hormone.  so, you can have water and black coffee.  nor carbs be them complex (pasta, wheat) or simple (sucrose sugar, fructose lactose).  It is not for everyone, and I am not promoting it, but we found we were not as hungry breaking up the habit of eating 3 squares a day.  A type two diabetic can down regulate their insulin levels.  I like the snickers commercials when they show a grumpy person.  The reactive hypoglycemia is when you are eating enough carbs to overwhelm your pancreas relative to your insulin resistance.  so, in response your pancreas becomes an Arnold Schwarzsanegger pancreas, and puts out more insulin than you need.  so, a little simple carb snack causes a bolus of insulin, and you get reactive hypoglycemia.  all the low carb (including intermittent fasting) try to lower your insulin levels and reset your pancreas.  also, we felt less hungry, but had cravings for the "old food".  growth hormone and insulin counter regulate each other.  so, it is the balance of the two, not the actual level that set your metabolism.  An increase in GH is the same as anabolic steroids.  you burn fat to make muscle.  You have energy and feel more like exercising.  this is why it is easier when you are young.  growth hormone releasing substance is released in REM deep sleep and why sleep is important to health and maintaining weight that is healthy.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

doc henderson

BCC it would be better to not eat sugar if you are a type 2 diabetic and spur the reactive hypoglycemia.  fruit contains fructose and fiber.  I would eat a boiled egg or two.  (60 calories each) for breakfast.  you may need to work on portion control and eating a balance of food.  I used to not promote Atkins for diabetics.  the waste from the breakdown of protein into amino acids that are turned into sugar after removing the nitrogen can be hard on the kidneys.  Drink lots of water when dieting as you are breaking down fat and other tissue and it goes out in your breath and urine.

randy d

Well today is the day I gave the Keto diet THE BOOT if you can't enjoy what you are eating I would rather be fat , not. We started the keto thing  guess what I gained 2LBs I will lose some weight the same as I did the last time just don't stop at Kwik trip to buy pastries i do love those Bismarks and try not over eat at meal time. We have been making our own flour and my wife makes a really good whole wheat bread that if tuff not to over eat on life ain't easy and we will not get out alive so what the heck Randy

doc henderson

portion control and exercise.  just walking is great.  studies show you can lose weight on twinkies (30 pounds).  Or eating McDonalds but cut the meal in half and share with a spouse or save it for the next meal.

randy d

Doc you always give good advice thank you we do a lot of walking and I walk at a good pace what I have to work on is portion size

doc henderson

you can still try to limit carbs to a resonalble amount.  I bought 8 boxes of the little Debbie Christmas tree creme filled sugar sprinkled cakes.  I have a box of 8 left, with a single in the shop and two in the house.  :snowball:  that is a challenge.  remember also that walking a mile or running a mile is about the same energy in calories, walking just takes longer to do. 

cut portions and limit carbs (sugar and complex) and maybe pickup the walking.  Maybe at the mall if it is cold and icy.  good luck and thanks for the thanks!

Thank You Sponsors!