iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bringin' up da Wood

Started by Magicman, September 29, 2018, 01:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ

isn't the operator's seat on that splitter facing the wrong way?
I think I would have a stiff neck after the first cord.   Like the vice-grip lights, little night splitting action in them woods candle_smiley

thecfarm

I'm just glad you are not hauling that thing down the road in Maine. My wife would be a hollering at me to pay attention to the road and not what is going by me as the right wheels are kicking up gravel.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Goose, we are 35° this morning.  Brrrrrr.  fire_smiley
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

John Mc

Quote from: goose63 on November 08, 2019, 11:17:11 AM
Well it is a ford :D

With the spillter behind it

Imade that thing 30 years agao
Is your splitter self-propelled, or are you just using the Ariens to power the splitter hydraulics?
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

GRANITEstateMP

Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

pineywoods

Heard a commotion on the back porch. Opened the door to find the neighbor teenager stacking split, dry firewood on the porch right by the door. Me.. Appreciate the wood, but I have a years supply in the barn across the road. Him..Yeah, but it ain't on the back porch, you won't have to go out in the cold to get this.
What could I say ? I grabbed an armload this morning and fired up the wood stove in the house, feels good, it's in low 30's, that's COLD for Louisiana...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

goose63

Quote from: John Mc on November 09, 2019, 07:36:52 AM
Quote from: goose63 on November 08, 2019, 11:17:11 AM
Well it is a ford :D

With the spillter behind it

Imade that thing 30 years agao
Is your splitter self-propelled, or are you just using the Ariens to power the splitter hydraulics?
Just the hydraulics
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

Now pineywood you are always helping people,maybe that has brushed off............. ;)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

upnut

Fired up the snowblower, cleared a path for the Bota-Bug and hot rod trailer, hauled up a load of oak to mix in with the walnut I've been burning....

The Veteren's Day snowstorm here made bringing up da wood a little more difficult...

Scott B.
I did not fall, there was a GRAVITY SURGE!

Gearbox

I talked to my niece tonight she lives in Sanford NC and it was 3 degrees colder there than in northern MN   She send a pic of her fire place burning .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Magicman

Since I am now "gimp" legged for a while, Grandson Ben came over and wheelbarrowed a few loads of firewood up getting ready for next week's cold blast. 

The forecast is below 30° for Wednesday & Thursday.  Burrrr !!!  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

His supervisor looks a little mean.   i hope he is not giving her a stink eye as she tells him to hurry up a little! :D :D :D 
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Magicman

hacknchop

Nice to see your getting some help, you take care of yourself and you will be posting in the What ya sawing thread.
Often wrong never indoubt

SwampDonkey

I've carried a few armloads of wood in for grandma in my days. ;)

I'm still filling the wheel barrow from my outside piles to wheel into the basement each day. I throw a couple sticks of hard maple into the fire box, from inside the house, in with the aspen and fir from outside.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Quote from: SwampDonkey on December 15, 2019, 09:01:35 AMI've carried a few armloads of wood in for grandma in my days.
Yup, I was his excuse but he was actually doing it for her.  :)

Al_Smith

It's a pain in the back sides with this weather up and down .Then factor in the trailer load I have outside my garage was taken from a stack I didn't have tarped down .A little dampish .It's ash,I'll get into the shag bark and oak later when it gets cold if it gets cold .
It wouldn't be a problem if the frost were hard down on the pumpkin because I'd have fired it hard and built up a good bed of coals .This warm,again ,underwear  around the table, ainta  gonna go there . ;D

Magicman

Our temps are getting into the 30°'s at night and 40°-50°'s daytime so she will need the Grandson to wheel some more wood up this weekend.  Burrrrr   :o

pineywoods

I'm envious of MM's firewood fetcher. My wood is stored in the barn 100 yds from the house. I have 3 grandsons and a wheelbarrow and grandma to encourage them...BUT
1.they all live 150 miles away
2. Two out of the 3 would have no idea how to drive a wheelbarrow.

Soo The power plant on my wheelbarrow is getting along in years (not to mention high mileage) I've had to acquire another tool..Yamaha rhino

Note the fancy dual exhausts
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Magicman

You also have some good 'grips' on those tires.  :o

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Too big is better than too small.  ;D   Like the exhaust. Got an air intake 6 feet up in the air too?  :D

JJ

Is the engine souped up for mud runs?  smiley_horserider

JJ

trapper

Cut some wood for a friend today.  She has some fallen ash in an area that is full of springs. With the recent cold weather it is frozen enough to get to with ATV.  Her spliter didnt want to start in the cold so I  just piled it on  high ground in the woods until spring. Been several years since I could get in that area. Need no snow and several days around 0 for it to freeze enough to drive on with ATV.  Also snow would prevent me from getting to it because of the hill I need to go up on the way back. 
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Magicman

My firewood stash needed replenishing and since my knee is somewhat better and there were no Grandsons available, I tackled the deed myself.

The ground is wet so I enlisted the help of the ZT and garden trailer.  Yup, got-r-done with no ill effects to the knee and I am now ready for the next blow of blizzard weather from the Glaciated North.  fire_smiley

Thank You Sponsors!