iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wild Hogs Wreaking Havoc

Started by WDH, March 17, 2015, 08:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhall

WDH, for the past 15 years I put up an electric fence around my 1/2 acre of sweet corn, three wires; powered by a small 6 volt battery like the ones in a lawn tractor;
it has kept out the black bear, deer, coons & woods hogs(porkypine); still works real well, changed the battery once about 5 years ago.
Bob
97 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic/Lombardini
Life is good on the Catawba path

Raider Bill

Anyone seen this?
Bolt action rifle at a DanG impressive speed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b43aF4R0h40
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

drobertson

Have now! Franz can shoot!  and you know that the bear scare was real! 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Raider Bill

He's doing better with that bolt than most can do with a semi.

Speaking about hogs, I watched a show a couple weeks ago where Ted Nugent had a full auto MG mounted on a chopper and was flying around trying to shoot hogs. He missed every one using I'd guess 1000 rds trying.

The guy shooting out the other door had a semi M-4 with a quick scope, he was hitting pretty much 1 for 1. 
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

fishpharmer

Quote from: Raider Bill on March 19, 2015, 10:46:38 AM
He's doing better with that bolt than most can do with a semi.

Crazy good bolt action shooting! 

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

Terrific shooting.  I hope that I never see that many hogs.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!