iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lubemizer

Started by petefrom bearswamp, December 06, 2012, 03:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petefrom bearswamp

I perceive two problems with this system on my lt40shdd51
even at the lowest setting the stream seems too strong using a lot of liquid.
This causes the sawdust to build up on the outer blade roller holder.
Also the nozzles spray far too wide.
The pattern extends about 3/8 inch past the blade on both sides.
Has anyone modified the nozzles so as to narrow the spray pattern and not waste lubricant/coolant?
Also I don't use lube/coolant on Hemlock and quite a few other woods unless the blade seems to be heating up.
Any other thoughts on this?
Thanks Pete

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Bibbyman

The nozzles on our Lube-Mizer system are extremely small. Anything larger than a needle will not pass through.  I don't think they spray nearly as wide as what you are describing. I turn the top one a little towards the teeth just to get the lube mix out where it's needed.

A lot of wet sawdust does built up behind the outer guide roller.  I'm not sure if there is a cure for this problem.  The top nozzle needs to be on the other side of the roller. I can't see how to make that work.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

petefrom bearswamp

I'm thinking of trying to apply some solder and then attempt to profile it so that the lube stream is narrower. Also  may try to make a smaller hole to reduce the stream.
I had a home made system on my old mill using a windshield washer tank and pump with my own design nozzle (top of blade only) Chuck White has this mill now and don't know if he uses it.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I drilled the top nozzle and made it the same size as the piece of tying wire Wood-Mizer puts around my resharp blades. My top nozzle never gets stopped up now. I have checked and it sprays all across the blade. In fact, IMO it's a more powerful spray now.

In my mind, I have tried to figure a way to move it to the other side of the roller and high performance blade guide. If I did this, it would get in the way of the log / cant.

As far as build up.....I have a brush with a long handle on it. Every now and again, I just brush the build up off the blade and nozzle on top. When brushing off the build up......I DISENGAGE THE BLADE!!!!. I have no issues with the bottom nozzle.

I have thought of putting on an additional "water only" sprayer to turn on when I need it to clean the build up of saw dust off......just ain't got around to it yet.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Chuck White

Pete; the WS washer is still on the mill, but I remounted it, way over on the outboard side, then piggy-backed the tube from it right with the tube from the water tank.

If I get into some real pitchy stuff I press the switch and let a few drops of diesel-oil mixture go and clean off the blade!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Chuck White on December 06, 2012, 06:35:22 PM
Pete; the WS washer is still on the mill, but I remounted it, way over on the outboard side, then piggy-backed the tube from it right with the tube from the water tank.

If I get into some real pitchy stuff I press the switch and let a few drops of diesel-oil mixture go and clean off the blade!

Good idea Chuck! Seriously......I like it.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!