iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

suggestion to/from foresters (not loggers) in the North woods regarding gloves

Started by Geoff Kegerreis, November 11, 2007, 09:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

I wasn't really insinuating, even though it might be read that way. I was meaning that his or anyone else's departing of the forum was up to him or someone else further up the chain. I know there are always options given to the offender (for lack of a better word), but they either conform with forum etiquette or get the boot.

The guy obviously stirred some eye brows if IM were sent off. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

Quote from: Phorester on December 04, 2007, 12:44:40 PM

Just don't get used ones from your proctologist friend.

Or from Jeff.... :D :D :D :D  (are ya listn'n Furby...)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Furby

Corley5

Back to the glove discussion  ;) ;D  I've found that wearing those latex exam gloves for any length of time irritates my hands because they don't breathe
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

You wouldn't want to breath in the places those gloves have to go either. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

rebocardo

On a serious note, when using nitrile ( I wouldn't recommend latex for prolonged use) gloves under jersey gloves, if you start to do real work your hands will sweat and it will pool inside the glove. Not so good in real cold weather. It works well if you are doing mild outside mechanic work or need to use pencils and such. With jersey knit gloves being $1 or less, I just toss them when too greasy or ripped.

For general use, I found $10 leather driving gloves good as long as it was not too cold out.

Sometimes wearing a leather glove on the writing hand inside a insulated glove or mitten works too.

Thank You Sponsors!